DCM TP160S Bookshelf Speaker Deals

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Here we go. I got a new table at the thrift store for only $15!!! Easily worth over $150ish. I think everything matches better. Now on to these prized nuggets. The tweeters on these are great. I think the bass ain't too bad like people are saying. I'd listen without a subwoofer. Dialog is crystal clear. Tested with Morgan freeman. Fantastic. Took a bit to get the sweet spot with music, but I finally got it. Bit of Rock, Jazz and Pop. All sounded sparkly clear without fatigue/sibilance and bass was good. They mix in great with my Jamo sub. I will try to get the center next for looks and audio synchronization . These are certainly impressive as F*** for the price. Best Xmas present in years!!! Pics taken with my camera phone so don't judge me. :p
Toeing them in does help with the sweet spot and yes, they are for real

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Toeing them in does help with the sweet spot and yes, they are for real
I got a big stupid smile on my face. Listening to Fiona who is right here we'll almost. Norah is next. I think tonight will be music till...This tweeter is so darn good. Z I commend you for bringing fame to these nuggets. Thank you "Sir".

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They do a good job handling Norah's voice, and Diana Krall ... they are vivid and lively sounding, but not harsh
I got a big stupid smile on my face. Listening to Fiona who is right here we'll almost. Norah is next. I think tonight will be music till...This tweeter is so darn good. Z I commend you for bringing fame to these nuggets. Thank you "Sir".

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
I have an itch to buy a pair of these dcm's to see just how good they are. Problem is I my old infinities still do pretty darn good, but dang I'd still like to give em a try.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have an itch to buy a pair of these dcm's to see just how good they are. Problem is I my old infinities still do pretty darn good, but dang I'd still like to give em a try.
Try them they are special especially for the price. I was up listening to Presley, Sinatra, Norah, etc and I even danced a bit. :oops: :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Try them they are special especially for the price. I was up listening to Presley, Sinatra, Norah, etc and I even danced a bit. :oops: :p
They're fun to listen to and I found myself going through my library too.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know but today I'm getting a better soundstage tonight or is it that I'm a bit high? Bahaha. I love me some stage. Dang these open up more and more. Whoa.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
you guys are making it more tempting all the time, and now the price has gone up which makes me wanna hold off lol. Actually should probably looking for a deal on a good receiver

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone looking to get more of a full range sound out of these speakers, here is a deal on a good sub.
This is not an SVS sub and will leave you a little short on HT, but I have one and it does a really fine job with music and at $144 it is a screaming deal!:

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Anyone looking to get more of a full range sound out of these speakers, here is a deal on a good sub.
This is not an SVS sub and will leave you a little short on HT, but I have one and it does a really fine job with music and at $144 it is a screaming deal!:
Wished I had waited.... looks like a great deal!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Btw I noticed the 10 inch version isn't listed, did they discontinue it or something?
Not sure, it says "currently not available", but the item still shows.
I think this is a "wait and see" situation. In the case of the 6" tower (I think it was the R263),the listing completely disappeared and it has been long enough to know they are no longer "a thing"!
I would consider that the R10 may simply be out of stock until the listing is completely removed from the Harman/Infinity websites!

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Not sure, it says "currently not available", but the item still shows.
I think this is a "wait and see" situation. In the case of the 6" tower (I think it was the R263),the listing completely disappeared and it has been long enough to know they are no longer "a thing"!
I would consider that the R10 may simply be out of stock until the listing is completely removed from the Harman/Infinity websites!
cool cool, that seems like a nice sub too

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I wonder how low the price was on The TP center? Was $80. It's 89 now. It would be great if lowered to $70 shipped. Anyone here got the center yet? I'm sure the SQ is very good. The 160's went up to $109. Just like you said Z.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder how low the price was on The TP center? Was $80. It's 89 now. It would be great if lowered to $70 shipped. Anyone here got the center yet? I'm sure the SQ is very good. The 160's went up to $109. Just like you said Z.
I just saw they went up. Still well worth the price.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Going up because of low stock -- One review that I read said the center was really nice with good detail

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis