T

Trout

Enthusiast
Hi all I just got into vinyl again after a long break. Looking to up grade my system. Currently set up is a Rega P1 turntable, Technics scam ex 100 receiver, and Cerwin Vega BS80 speakers. I payed $30 for the receiver and $40 for the speakers. I am looking to up grade to floor speakers next and I am looking for recommendations on speakers. I’m am low budget and my room is small.

M

MTSound

Audioholic Intern
Welcome to the forum. I am new myself. From my reading and researching the most common reply will be the dcm line of speakers currently available from priced right sales or eBay. With Black Friday you can pick up a set for less than $230 shipped. Do a search of dcm in the forum and you’ll be able to find the links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some terrific sales on the Studio 5 series from JBL going on now fwiw. However, used will depend largely on what's available in your area, hard to recommend every possible speaker that may come up on your Craig's list....

ps Why the return to vinyl?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
OK -- but be careful, you may end up really liking these speakers, as they have some good resolution for the price and are transparent sounding -- and they can take a lot of power. Use code BFCM2019

T

Trout

Enthusiast
interesting.....my room is 16x9 and will these be too much?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hi all I just got into vinyl again after a long break. Looking to up grade my system. Currently set up is a Rega P1 turntable, Technics scam ex 100 receiver, and Cerwin Vega BS80 speakers. I payed $30 for the receiver and $40 for the speakers. I am looking to up grade to floor speakers next and I am looking for recommendations on speakers. I’m am low budget and my room is small.
Welcome to Audioholics! Look forward to getting to know you. I don't know enough about vinyl yet to give you good advice but I did want to say hello and welcome you to the forum. We have an awesome group here and I know some of the guys can help you out on the vinyl end

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
On the speaker and however....in a room that size they should be fine having some headroom for your speakers doesn't hurt I'd rather go overkill then under unless going overkill affects my budget

But those DCM are a great bargain and should do very well in that room size

The JBL studio 5 lineup is on killer sales right now and is a great way to go.

T

Trout

Enthusiast
Welcome to Audioholics! Look forward to getting to know you. I don't know enough about vinyl yet to give you good advice but I did want to say hello and welcome you to the forum. We have an awesome group here and I know some of the guys can help you out on the vinyl end
Thank you....there is so much information and equipment out there. It can be overwhelming.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you....there is so much information and equipment out there. It can be overwhelming.
Yeah I know I felt like I was in over my head when I first jumped in but everyone here is great the reviews and threads and articles were excellent and I'd just start a thread or jump on a thread on different topics so needed to learn

After a couple weeks it really started to sink in and I just kept learning and learning the more I learned the better and more fun tgis hobby became

I'm hoping you have a similar experience as well

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Was looking at the jbl deals, but those dcm are 224$$$.
The JBL are good -- but I prefer the sonic sound signature and soundstage of the DCM TFE series over the JBL ... however your call

T

Trout

Enthusiast
Ok....I brought them based on reading a few recommendations. Looking forward to some really clear sound and midrange. Thanks Zie

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Welcome to the forum. Happy to help with any vinyl or other questions. One suggestion is to be as specific as you can with questions. Instead of saying, ”I am low budget,” let us know how much you are willing to spend, as ”low budget” can mean $200 to one person and $2000 to someone else.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok....I brought them based on reading a few recommendations. Looking forward to some really clear sound and midrange. Thanks Zie
Good call I've owned DCM speakers in the past you will not be disappointed that's a great bang for the buck! Congratulations!

T

Trout

Enthusiast
Any suggestions on an amp or receiver that I should pair these speakers with? Budget is $500.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Congratulations! You really did get in on one of those "deals of the decade" with those speakers. I recently bought the bookshelf version, a model lower even, and just can't get over how good they sound for the price. I don't see them lasting very long at this price. Ya done good!
Any suggestions on an amp or receiver that I should pair these speakers with? Budget is $500.
Right now there's a really good deal on the Denon X3500H for $549. Original retail is $999. This is the time of year they do some deep discounts to clean up on previous models to make room for new. The 3500 is still plenty current tho and that's a great receiver at a great price. Oh, and welcome to the forums!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also on an amp what about the outlaw 5000? Great amp for just not too much above your budget

T

Trout

Enthusiast
DCM came today! Playing some Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon. Played my old speakers first to compare. Crewins I have are more on the harsh side and flat sounding compared to the DCMs. Differently can hear more layers to the music with the DCMs. Thanks for the recommendation.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis