How can a remastered film be ultra widescreen??

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I agree. Ticket prices are kinda stupid these days. 4:3 is stoopider though. Lol
I had to tell my sisters druggy boyfriend I’m broke I cannot afford to see the joker .
Gotta scratch your head over why Sony would ever make a 4k tv for $1500 retail like mine that cannot play dvd without being super blurry ??
So much so to carry a hulking crt tv into the house , my mom was like wtf is it for. ? Haha I’m like old stuff

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Dude, we get it, you think your Sony tv sucks for playing non-HD content.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Adjusted for inflation the ticket prices in the 70's and 80's were about a $1 higher on average than they are today. In the 90's movie ticket prices didn't go up and after inflation they became cheaper by the end of the 90's. Then by the 2000's they stared going up again. They are still lower than the 70's and 80's

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Dude, we get it, you think your Sony tv sucks for playing non-HD content.
Yeah sorry for beating the dead horse too much , shaving the real seal pup.

My dads not too happy about the tube TVs haha ... haven’t even set it up yet been soo tired lately.

Is it possible to fit a 32” tube tv beside a 40” hdtv? Ina. Small room ? If so how
Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Adjusted for inflation the ticket prices in the 70's and 80's were about a $1 higher on average than they are today. In the 90's movie ticket prices didn't go up and after inflation they became cheaper by the end of the 90's. Then by the 2000's they stared going up again. They are still lower than the 70's and 80's
This is interesting. When you put it like that, it changes the perspective. I still prefer my HT for a number of reasons with the big exception being screen size.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
This is interesting. When you put it like that, it changes the perspective. I still prefer my HT for a number of reasons with the big exception being screen size.
I was not alive back then but it was smarter to have all movies 1 format to avoid bars and bad upconversation . Maybe 16:9 was a bad format they should had made it something wider so we don’t have to deal with them .
Even a cheap home theater like mine is superior to theater speakers . The screen I cannot compete with color depth and picture quality. Not to mention the bars killl hdtvs.

So widescreen. Not only killed the home theater it’s almost extinct in theaters now we have ultra widescreen ?

16:9 look terrible in theaters so they had to kill it ? Can only imagine what 4:3 looked like in theaters but I wasn’t alive back then .

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Yea, I agree other than screen size, my HT is much more enjoyable and a month of netflix costs the same as 1 movie ticket. Or I can buy the blu ray and own the movie forever for the same cost as 1 ticket. Before the 70's HT didn't exist, and it barely existed in the 80's. The first HT surround sound in Dolby Digital wasn't till the 1995 film "Clear and Present Danger" on laser disc. Before the late 90's, you were kind of forced to go to the theatre for a HD cinema experience. Now it's so much better we can get HD video with surround sound in the home, at the same quality as the cinema.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
I was not alive back then but it was smarter to have all movies 1 format to avoid bars and bad upconversation . Maybe 16:9 was a bad format they should had made it something wider so we don’t have to deal with them .
Even a cheap home theater like mine is superior to theater speakers . The screen I cannot compete with color depth and picture quality. Not to mention the bars killl hdtvs.

So widescreen. Not only killed the home theater it’s almost extinct in theaters now we have ultra widescreen ?

16:9 look terrible in theaters so they had to kill it ? Can only imagine what 4:3 looked like in theaters but I wasn’t alive back then .

Free the reptile aliens
They weren't designed with the home in mind, HT didn't exist before the 80's. The ultra wide formats came out in the 50's to compete with TV. The last thing they wanted was for movies and TV to be the same format.

Most movies are made at 1.85:1 ratio which is almost the same as 16:9 (1.7:1).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)

16:9 is the best compromise for the different formats. Otherwise, you would get black bars on the sides if you had a wider TV on most movies.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
They weren't designed with the home in mind, HT didn't exist before the 80's. The ultra wide formats came out in the 50's to compete with TV. The last thing they wanted was for movies and TV to be the same format.

Most movies are made at 1.85:1 ratio which is almost the same as 16:9 (1.7:1).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)

16:9 is the best compromise for the different formats. Otherwise, you would get black bars on the sides if you had a wider TV on most movies.
Ahh well I guess bars aren’t as bad as the pixel loss we get for home theater versions compared to cinema right ? Why are cable broadcasting companies not using 4k as a standard yet? It’s still 720-1080p or i
Probably lose about 6” of screen height on the average movie

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Cable companies suck, I got rid of cable. From what I read they don't want to pay to upgrade to 4K and don't think it's worth it. ATSC 3.0 is the new over the air broadcasting standard that is coming out next year, that will be 4K HDR over the air. Its supposed to come out in 40 major markets sometime next year.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis