ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Scariest thing: being in a store when everyone's cell phones go off with the Public safety alert! Creepy weird. Healdsburg and Windsor CA being added to the mandatory evacuation list.

Anyway, most of us folk in the Bay are going dark as early as 4:00pm PDT.

There's a big fire, and bigger winds coming our way.

And we won't have any power to get any emergency updates! Ha! ;)

See y'all on the other side!

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
I plugged in my UPS 20 minutes ago in preparation!

Everyone is going crazy for no reason IMO.

I guess they want to avoid the 2am madness that happened two years ago.

Good luck to everyone, stay safe!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Stay safe, buddy of mine near Cloverdale got his power back this afternoon....and may get to keep it on.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I may have to get a work apartment in CA again, and I dread it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed... a lot of panic buying and all that. For the time being, this will be a colossal inconvenience. Hope that CalFire’s worst case doesn’t come to pass, though.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
With this not being an isolated incident, do people not buy generators and other emergency equipment, thinking that nothing will affect them?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Scariest thing: being in a store when everyone's cell phones go off with the Public safety alert! Creepy weird. Healdsburg and Windsor CA being added to the mandatory evacuation list.

What part of the bay, I lived in Concord and Clayton and have friends all over the Bay. In Colorado now, we get mass warnings there might be a snow flake next Thursday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@Russdawg1 how u doin buddy? Hope all is well in your part of town.

We got the call a little after 3am for the mandatory evac. Probably didn’t exactly run out the door. :p Although the rumor was out that Windsor had caught fire. According to later reports, the firefighters kept that from happening.
Anyway, being told around 5pm last night that we were supposed to be out got the heart racing a bit. Then learning dude was not in the know, I calmed down and set about methodically getting things together.
I grabbed toiletries and 2 changes of clothes, got my documents, some protein bars and a carbon of water, gathered a few other important items in case things went pear shaped... so I packed my swim gear. ?!? Right?!
Then I took out the trash.
And then I was looking at my car and thinking. I have room there...
And so I evac’d the Phil3s
I’m not proud. But hey, not ashamed either.
It’s really weird how the brain works when go time becomes “just get ready in case and wait.” Proof for the concept of idle hands. Oh well.
As of now, orders are still in effect without an end time. Winds are supposed to die down early tomorrow, but they return Tuesday night, though not as bad. No idea about PG&Es plans. There is no precipitation in the 10-day forecast.
Safety and protection for all!

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
We got the call a little after 3am for the mandatory evac. Probably didn’t exactly run out the door. :p Although the rumor was out that Windsor had caught fire. According to later reports, the firefighters kept that from happening.
Anyway, being told around 5pm last night that we were supposed to be out got the heart racing a bit. Then learning dude was not in the know, I calmed down and set about methodically getting things together.
I grabbed toiletries and 2 changes of clothes, got my documents, some protein bars and a carbon of water, gathered a few other important items in case things went pear shaped... so I packed my swim gear. ?!? Right?!
It’s really weird how the brain works when go time becomes “just get ready in case and wait.” Proof for the concept of idle hands. Oh well.
As of now, orders are still in effect without an end time. Winds are supposed to die down early tomorrow, but they return Tuesday night, though not as bad. No idea about PG&Es plans. There is no precipitation in the 10-day forecast.
I have to admit I like your approach. I'd have all my critical stuff either in the car or staged so it can go in the car in a few minutes time. Nothing wrong with grabbing the Phil3s. You have space, grab what is important or not replaceable.

Stay safe out there. Meanwhile our forecast looks like cloudy, Rain, Rain/snow, rain/snow, rain/snow. I'm trying to figure out when I can finish up the siding on the house!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I think I would have saved the Phil 3s too. They are, for all intents and purposes, irreplaceable. It sounds like you had a little bit of time. Now if you were out running a firewall and barely got out alive I'd say maybe not so smart, but yeah. I don't blame you.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
@ryanosaur

Whoops. Saw this a while ago but didn’t respond.

We’re on firewatch 24/7. Fire got to Shiloh and Faught last night which is quite close to our house.

Still have power which is nice. We were supposed to evac a while ago, zone 5 was told to three days ago or so. But we are quite stubborn.

We have two other families here also on the street to keep us company. Hopefully this fire will just miss us like two years ago, we can only hope.

Hope everyone else is safe. Glad you got your Phil 3’s out :)

C

CoryW

Audioholic

Prayers to you and yours. The news video looks like an apocalyptic scene. Best of luck. Utah has hundreds of crews headed your way.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

The situation is not funny at all. My thoughts are with you buddy.
Lets pray the Universe for helping all the firefighters and all the ones affected.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The saga continues. We are still on warning, and have no power at home. Most of the county was already without power, few had it returned, but most will lose it again today as more wind is headed our way. Fortunately it will not be as bad as before... but the threat is still extreme enough the the Sheriff and CalFire feel it prudent to keep where we live, roughly 40 miles away, evacuated.
In perspective, the 2017 Tubbs fire that started north of Calistoga in the mountains and largely destroyed all of Middletown, traveled about that far in roughly 20 minutes to start burning parts of northern Santa Rosa.
Definitely not a laughing matter.
To put some of this in perspective, one of CalFires concerns, along with protecting the larger towns/cities of Healdsburg and Windsor, is that if the fire jumps 101, it could likely burn all the way to the coast, and depending on winds, pretty much south to wipe out most of west county... where I call home.
As before and always still: safety and protection to all. This is a long way from over.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And with the chime from my watch of an incoming text from the Sheriffs Dept, all mandatory evacuations are lifted. Areas near the burn zone are downgraded to warnings, and many will be checkpointed to ensure only residents are returning. Other areas, including where I live are free and clear.
My closest town seems to have power back.
We still do not.
*shrugs
Though many were affected, we seem to have gotten off much easier, here, than could have been the case. I am grateful, to be certain, that the larger population centers were spared a direct hit.
But the dice game will continue.

Perhaps it’s time to unpack the car.

*fingers crossed

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Around 3:30, a chopper came through, low, slow, and inspecting the lines. Around 4, the hardwired smoke detectors started chirping. Around 5, we had juice!
The car is unpacked.
The Phils are back in place.
I still have to clean up a little and get the BMRs back up, but my vision will come true after dinner.

What will I listen too?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Is there any danger to your equipment when they turn the power on?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Every time there’s an outage, I switch off the power strips. If I suspect one is coming, I turn them off before.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis