Old tv aging display getting lines?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It’s very distracting, anyone else having issues with older Samsung’s ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It’s very distracting, anyone else having issues with older Samsung’s ??

My "older" Samsung is still going fine, older as in "backlit fluorescent LCD"

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What do you think caused these lines in led tv?

The google is your friend:

If you see a line or lines across the screen of your TV, it could be caused by a faulty cable, the TV failing, or the external device. By performing a Picture Test you can easily diagnose the cause.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

If you see a line or lines across the screen of your TV, it could be caused by a faulty cable, the TV failing, or the external device. By performing a Picture Test you can easily diagnose the cause.
Hmm switching cable did not do anything, I used a picture test and the lines do now show up , could it be the hdmi board starting Togo bad. ??

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Should I try a few more hdmi cables ?? I tried a brand new one no luck

Free the reptile aliens

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Should I try a few more hdmi cables ?? I tried a brand new one no luck

Free the reptile aliens
Have you tried different sources? Perhaps the problem is the source, not the TV.

If it didn't show the lines during the picture test, that would tend to suggest that the TV is not the problem.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Set it to Tuner and look at the screen- if it still has this line, the TV has some kind of problem. Adjust the brightness and contrast, too.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Set it to Tuner and look at the screen- if it still has this line, the TV has some kind of problem. Adjust the brightness and contrast, too.
What is tuner mode
I’ve messed with settings tried multiple hdmi cables so far no fix .

Free the reptile aliens

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What is tuner mode
I’ve messed with settings tried multiple hdmi cables so far no fix .

Free the reptile aliens
Go to channel 3, or a different one. Use the tuner. Call it 'Tuner Input'. All you have done so far is test different cables- use a different input jack.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Go to channel 3, or a different one. Use the tuner. Call it 'Tuner Input'. All you have done so far is test different cables- use a different input jack.
Yeah good idea not sure why I didn’t run a different hdmi ? Thanks I’ll give it a try .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Changing inputs did not do anything so it must be the tv which there isn’t no way to fix .
Could anything lesson the bars prominence ??

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Changing inputs did not do anything so it must be the tv which there isn’t no way to fix .
Could anything lesson the bars prominence ??

Free the reptile aliens
What is your source?

You tried a different source?

NOTE--Source is NOT the same thing as INPUT

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What is your source?

You tried a different source?

NOTE--Source is NOT the same thing as INPUT
PS3 and cable box both have the line, what do you mean by source. ??

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Think the tv is just slowly dying out and noticed more lines occasionally during A rental of John wick 3.

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

This is the only downfall of led tv it’s slowly dying of television aids ....
nothing I do gets rid of these lines .

Free the reptile aliens

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What is the exact model number of the TV you are working with? It will say what it is on a sticker on the back. This can help give some idea of what may be going on.

Typically, as older panels fail, it is because of the connection between the main board and the LCD array on the panel itself. It could just require taking things apart and reseating the connection, but beyond that, it could be an actual failure of that section of pixels, which would require the entire panel to be replaced.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What is the exact model number of the TV you are working with? It will say what it is on a sticker on the back. This can help give some idea of what may be going on.

Typically, as older panels fail, it is because of the connection between the main board and the LCD array on the panel itself. It could just require taking things apart and reseating the connection, but beyond that, it could be an actual failure of that section of pixels, which would require the entire panel to be replaced.
Neither me or my dad knows how to check too see how or what you do to reseat a connection so much for led tv lasting longer then lcd? My dads lcd lasted longer it was older .

I’ll get you model tomorrow it was a early Samsung 3d tv 55” looks flagships judging by the remote .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Even if I get you the model # probably nothing can be done right ? Such a. Shame was a spectacular tv while it worked !! R.I.P. sad sad lizard squad

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis