ATI (Amplifier Technologies) Owners Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought there was an "ATI Owners Thread", but I couldn't find one.

2019 MSRP and updates.

No date on the ATP-16 availability. But at least we know the price now. :D

Pre-pro Series

ATP-16 (16Ch Audio Procesor, Dolby Atmos, DTSX, Dirac Live) - $9995

Class-AB Series
AT1602 (160 watt x 2Ch) - $1495
AT1605 (160 watt x 5Ch) - $2395
AT1607 (160 watt x 7Ch) - $2995
AT1608 (160 watt x 8Ch) - $3295

AT2202 (220 watt x 2Ch) - $1995
AT2205 (220 watt x 5Ch) - $3195
AT2207 (220 watt x 7Ch) - $3995
AT2208 (220 watt x 8Ch) - $4395

AT3302 (330 watt x 2Ch) - $2995
AT3305 (330 watt x 5Ch) - $4795
AT3307 (330 watt x 7Ch) - $5995
AT3308 (330 watt x 8Ch) - $6595

Class-AB Signature Series
AT4002 (200 watt x 2Ch) - $2995
AT4005 (200 watt x 5Ch) - $4795
AT4007 (200 watt x 7Ch) - $5995

AT6002 (300 watt x 2Ch) - $3995
AT6005 (300 watt x 5Ch) - $6395
AT6007 (300 watt x 7Ch) - $7995

Class AB Multi-Zone Series

AT7012 (70 watt x 12Ch) - $2995
AT7016 (70 watt x 16Ch) - $3595

Class D N-Core Series

AT522NC (200 watt x 2Ch) - $2195
AT525NC (200 watt x 5Ch) - $3395
AT527NC (200 watt x 7Ch) - $4195
AT528NC (200 watt x 8Ch) - $4595

AT542NC (500 watt x 2Ch) - $2995
AT543NC (500 watt x 3Ch) - $3795

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Man that's some sweet looking gear Andrew. Thanks for posting up! I found At1805 going for 2395.. rated at 180, must be a lil old amp? It is new the website is .. sight & sound.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So ATI ATP and Monolith HTP: I guess no we know that stands for Half The Price!
Is there any indication yet of how the two compare and contrast in terms of final build specs and capabilities?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is there any indication yet of how the two compare and contrast in terms of final build specs and capabilities?
They are not saying much.

The ATI ATP-16 might be fully balanced or it might not.

The word is still “under development and hope to be released sometime this year”.

One thing I noticed is that the price of the Class D N-Core amps (AT52xNC) increased by $200 from 2018 to 2019. So must be a lot more demands for these amps.

I am glad to see the new 160W and 220W amps because they have lower prices than the Signature 200W amps.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
They are not saying much.

The ATI ATP-16 might be fully balanced or it might not.

The word is still “under development and hope to be released sometime this year”.

One thing I noticed is that the price of the Class D N-Core amps (AT52xNC) increased by $200 from 2018 to 2019. So must be a lot more demands for these amps.

I am glad to see the new 160W and 220W amps.
I know Gene is a believer in the "fully balanced" thing, so do I. On money no object basis, I would definitely opt for Bryston's fully balanced high power amps, i.e. from the 7B and up. On the other hand, common sense tells me that on balance there will be more cons than pros to implement such schemes on low to even mid priced high power amplifiers.

In my opinion, unless you are prepared to spend much more on high power amps designed and built on almost cost no object basis, you may want to avoid being obsessed on the topology itself, but pay more attention to the overall design and build quality, and measurements.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Man that's some sweet looking gear Andrew. Thanks for posting up! I found At1805 going for 2395.. rated at 180, must be a lil old amp? It is new the website is .. sight & sound.
Yes, ATI discontinued the 1800 series in favor of the new 1600 and 2200 series.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I had a talk with one of the ATI reps a couple of months ago and asked what the differences were between ATI branded amps and the Monoprice offerings. He said the following:

"The Monolith is based on a stripped-down version of discontinued single-ended class A/B design from a long time ago. By comparison, ATI class A/B amps are balanced (dual-differential) designs that are much newer, taking advantage of improvements in amplifier designs over the last couple decades. This results in a much quieter and cleaner sounding amp (remarkable signal to noise ratio) with huge dynamics (higher slew rate). "

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
For that kind of price difference, it is a safe bet to assume the following (just examples I can think of immediately) differences at least in terms of hardware (aside from the "fully balanced" vs not..)

- components spec tolerances in things like resistors, capacitors, output devices/transistors etc.
- wiring schemes.
- Power supplies.

and build quality in general, as well as quality control protocol.

Marketing hype are intended to convince you all those things mean ATI's will sound better. It is up to the users to choose what to believe, for me, I believe all those amps were designed to amplify linearly without any intentional distortions that may be audible. Example, one amp's 0.2% THD+N may sound better than 0.1% of another because of the different contents, but 0.05% is not going to be detectable by ears regardless of the contents.

Still, if cost is a not factor between the two, I would always go for the ATI's, for the look and build quality, but then I would be stating the obvious.:D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
True to all of this. Forgive my lack of specifying the AVP: ATP-16 vs HTP-1. Granted the ATP-16 would be a pipe dream at best for me, but the $6K difference in MSRP is the driving factor in my question. I knew ATI's offering would be more expensive. Wanting to understand what one gets for 40% of the cost in the HTP-1.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
pay more attention to the overall design and build quality, and measurements.
Of course. We want simple, ultra-clean and elegant layouts, removing as much "unnecessary" connectors as possible.

And, of course, have great measurements by Gene.

Gene said in his review of the Yamaha MX-A5000 that the Balanced Outputs (although not FULLY balanced) had a 3dB better SNR measurement.

That lead me to believe that Balanced I/O (fully or not) can have better SNR measurements, but, of course, not always.

But personally, I don't care about the "FULLY balanced" part. I just care about the XLR connectors. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I heard the AT1805 amp a long time ago. It sounded great. I guess the new "replacement" for them is the new upcoming AT1600 series.

160W vs 180W shouldn't make much difference. :D

I was hoping ATI would make a 100W x 9Ch amp or 100W x11Ch amp for Atmos 5.1.4 or 7.1.4.

I see the new 12Ch and 16Ch amps, but they are 70W. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
But personally, I don't care about the "FULLY balanced" part. I just care about the XLR connectors. :D
Me too! That's despite the fact that if you look at S&V's measurements over the years, they show that few dB difference between XLR and RCA could go either way on their bench, for whatever reasons. In fact I would bet if you round them all up and tabulate the results you will find RCA's won more times. Regardless, I absolutely prefer XLR connections, and if the wires are long enough they should win 99% of the time.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
True to all of this. Forgive my lack of specifying the AVP: ATP-16 vs HTP-1. Granted the ATP-16 would be a pipe dream at best for me, but the $6K difference in MSRP is the driving factor in my question. I knew ATI's offering would be more expensive. Wanting to understand what one gets for 40% of the cost in the HTP-1.
Yeah, I was hoping the ATI ATP-16 would be more like $6K vs $4K on the Monolith HTP-1. :(

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I had a talk with one of the ATI reps a couple of months ago and asked what the differences were between ATI branded amps and the Monoprice offerings. He said the following:

"The Monolith is based on a stripped-down version of discontinued single-ended class A/B design from a long time ago. By comparison, ATI class A/B amps are balanced (dual-differential) designs that are much newer, taking advantage of improvements in amplifier designs over the last couple decades. This results in a much quieter and cleaner sounding amp (remarkable signal to noise ratio) with huge dynamics (higher slew rate). "
Thanks, I love hearing from manufacturers, regardless of the marketing hype that are expected, and invariably included.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Me too! That's despite the fact that if you look at S&V's measurements over the years, they show that few dB difference between XLR and RCA could go either way on their bench, for whatever reasons. In fact I would bet if you round them all up and tabulate the results you will find RCA's won more times. Regardless, I absolutely prefer XLR connections, and if the wires are long enough they should win 99% of the time.
That's why you and I are for keeping only XLR connectors and digital connectors (HDMI, Ethernet, 1 or 2 optical/coaxial) and removing all other connectors. :D

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Hey
Yes, ATI discontinued the 1800 series in favor of the new 1600 and 2200 series.
Hey Miss DD! Thanks!! ADTG and I went surfing can't find photos of their 1600 line. Post up if you find or hear of any. You know how we like audio eye candy! Good to hear from ya!! ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
ATI just release their new AT1820 (2Ch to 8Ch) amps rated at 200W into 8 ohms and 300W into 4 ohms.

The new AT1827 200x7 class-AB retails $1200 LESS than the AT527NC 200x7 class-D. Both have 7 YEAR Warranty.

Does my Monolith 7 count? It is made by ATI, and in fact specs almost identically to the 1827. I wouldn't be surprised if they were almost identical under the hood too, given the similar costs.

Monolith 7 (200 watt x 7Ch) -$1849.99 (I got mine without balanced connections for $1549 when they first came out.)

145663-1_copy_848x421.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis