Making streaming music to play on all channels

Ricky w

Ricky w

Audiophyte
Okay so i have a new Denon receiver with a 7.2 setup. There is so much junk online and old info that i'm about to rip my hair out. For years i have been able to get my pandora, youtube and many other sites to work full 7.1 or at least fill the room with all speakers. Last time i had this problem i swear i tried all this crap and nothing worked. Restarted my computer one day and bam it was working again. Recently i moved and now same issue. I have the front two channels and my sub. Yes windows plays games and will sound test in 7.1. Downloaded test from dolbys site and works great. You hear people say browsers don't play in 7.1 but lets use youtube as an example. There are 7.1 tests on there and i swear they would sound awesome and work. I just want to be able to jam out again with my whole room full of sound. Please, Pretty please someone help me.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Hard to advise with no model # of your Denon mentioned – all we have to go on is that it’s “new” and “7.2.” Virtually every AVR in their current product line is 7.2. From what I can see, every of them features something called “Multi-Channel Stereo.” That feature will typically send a stereo signal to all the speakers. Review the manual to figure out how to engage it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ricky w

Ricky w

Audiophyte
I guess i should have thought to add the model number. It is a AVR- S940H. What boggles me is that sure that would be a great work around it still wouldn't make the surround sound tests on you tube work. I feel like it is a pc setting. and like i said prior my pc runs 7.1 fine, games all work and test work.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you want to upmix 2ch to 7.1 surround use a mode like Dolby Surround or DTS Neural X. I wouldn't bother with the multi-ch stereo mode, altho that may be good for a party...

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The primary source I use for everything is my PC. I still use Windows 7.

My music files are all 2Ch.

On my pre-pro, I use DTS NeuralX (like HD mentioned).

It uses all the speakers I have configured, which is 5.2.4 (9Ch).

So on your AVR, just use DTS NeuralX.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
All your files are stereo, so when you go to change it up, no matter what, it's some 'fake' version of whatever.

This is fine, if that's what you like, and the most common way to do this is by setting the DENON, not the computer, to "multi-channel stereo" as the surround mode.

If this link works, it tells you all the available surround modes your receiver has, including multi-channel stereo.

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS940H/NA/EN/GFNFSYvhhpesdv.php

This will get all your speakers playing at once for stereo sources.

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS940H/NA/EN/DRDZSYyrtgycpw.php

Last edited:
P

photographer86

Audioholic
Ya I understand what you're asking. I like all channel stereo or multiple channel stereo as a sound mode which are extra sound modes on most AVR's. Not sure what your denon has for extra sounds modes but there should be a button on the remote that says auto, sound modes. so forth that would step through those. They could be called dolby surround, pure, direct, avr's all name them different. If you have the manual to that avr it should say what the extra sound modes do to a 2ch source such as the 2ch music you're playing. Happy playing with the sounds modes. Don't pull your hair out...... Let if fall out naturally.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Iirc YT does not support any surround sound at all. It takes the native source and dumbs it down to 2.0. Seems I remember something about copyright issues with supporting surround sound via browser. As much as I personally dislike it, OP should find the all ch Stereo mode.

M

mopakarim4300

Audiophyte
Iirc YT does not support any surround sound at all. It takes the native source and dumbs it down to 2.0. Seems I remember something about copyright issues with supporting surround sound via browser. As much as I personally dislike it, OP should find the all ch Stereo mode.
so forth that would step through those. They could be called dolby surround, pure, direct, avr's all name them different. If you have the manual to that avr it should say what the extra sound modes do to a 2ch source such as the 2ch music you're playing. Happy playing with the sounds modes. Don't pull your hair out...... Let if fall out naturally.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis