Buchardt s300 vs Def Tech D11

freefall

freefall

Enthusiast
Any thoughts on how these speakers compare?, price is pretty close. S300 has a 10 year warranty vs the 5 year warranty on the D11. I'm 50/50 with music and movies, I have 2 dedicated subwoofers.

Thanx
Freefall

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve heard some positive comments on the Buchardts. I have not heard them though. (One guy on the other forum just got the 400s from them?, I think??? He is happy with them. I’ll try to confirm when I’m back home)
On the other hand, I have auditioned some DefTech and was left thoroughly unimpressed.

freefall

freefall

Enthusiast
I have the BP 8060 Def Tech as mains, always seem like it sounds kinda of muddy, if that makes sense.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have the BP 8060 Def Tech as mains, always seem like it sounds kinda of muddy, if that makes sense.
To confirm, this cat does have the S400s from Buchardt. IIRC, he commented previously about good build quality and is quite happy with the SQ. I remember checking out their site not to long ago and being impressed with what I saw.
Considering their SVS-style shipping and return policy, it almost seems silly to not try these out! ;) I wonder if there are any other costs involved for bringing them into the US, or if it truly is all built into the cost?

That was my experience, too, with two different BP 90XX models. Granted I was not in a great room for acoustics, but the DTs did not stand up to KEF or Martin Logans. Hell, I would have taken the B&W 600 series towers over the DT Towers... and I really disliked those too!
Dipole designs require care and attention in placement and setup. You may very well be able to clean up the sound if you have time and room to experiment with placement. They would probably benefit from being at least 18" off the front wall (if not 30"), and 3' from the side walls, as well as having at least 6' between them... Every room will be different, of course, so YMMV.

I think either of those Buchies will offer a significantly different experience from the DTs. Well worth the experience if you don't have anything to lose in the process!

If you choose to try them, please keep us informed of you experience! :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis