Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

I did a presentation recently covering REW basics and how it can be used. Rather than just focus on what buttons to push in order to get measurements, it addresses some of the basis of acoustics and how it can be used for setup purposes.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Glad I finally had a chance to watch this! Thanks Matthew! :) Started playing with REW today.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Here is another video by Matthew that has a bit more depth and takes the process step by step more closely.
Queued up for tomorrow! Thank you!!!

Right now I'm reading about 1/4-wave lines.

You wouldn't happen to have the equation handy for converting the driver parameters to the terminus area of a tapered 1/4-wave line, would you? Oh, and an explanation detailing the relationship of the volume of the line with said driver parameters? :D

BTW, here's my first shot at it, just SPL with Audyssey on, kicking in around 160Hz for my mains (L, R, L+R (couldn't confirm if subs were firing or not)), which seemed like the crude Fs of my room. *shrugs That I got this on my first try... seems reasonable. Still more to learn. Don't know why it cut off around 10k instead of 20. So many other questions, too... but those will wait until I have a chance to read and learn more about using REW.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis