How many people have bought from accessories 4 less?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Just wondering how many people have bought from accessories 4 less and how it worked out for them?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have, many times. This going back nearly 20 years. Mostly speakers, but some electronics as well. Damn Acoustic Research sub I have in my living room was bought from AC4L by my best friend in 2000 with my recommendation. My KEF front mains were bought refurbished from them as well.

I haven't done many returns, but never had any customer service issues.

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Just wondering how many people have bought from accessories 4 less and how it worked out for them?
I have purchased three Denon receivers and two Yamaha receivers front AC4L, all factory refurbished. I haven’t had any issue with any of them outside of me setting up one of the Denons poorly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've bought several things from them, their service is fine. For the refurb items understand there is some risk involved (refurbs don't always function, I had two in a row) but that's not on A4L but rather the brands they source the refurbs from. Be sure you understand the terms for returns, it isn't a good way to see if you just like something or not...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For the refurb items understand there is some risk involved (refurbs don't always function, I had two in a row) but that's not on A4L but rather the brands they source the refurbs from.
2 in a row, huh? :D

It depends on how lucky you are. :D

If the refurbished is a simple HDMI card replacement, then you’re lucky. If the original malfunction was a low volume output and it came from the Main Denon Factory in New Jersey, then you’re not lucky. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Two Marantz AVR’s. Excellent experience on both. Seen lots of other great reports too. IMO very reputable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
2 in a row, huh? :D

It depends on how lucky you are. :D

If the refurbished is a simple HDMI card replacement, then you’re lucky. If the original malfunction was a low volume output and it came from the Main Denon Factory in New Jersey, then you’re not lucky. :D
I was lucky that in typical electronics fashion it happened fairly quickly...both were returned to A4L (and on the second they even added a coupla days to their usual strict 30). There is no Denon factory, just a contracted service agent, Panurgy I think it is (who sometimes does a lousy job of ensuring a refurb works).

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Over the past fifteen years or so I bougot an Onkyo AVR, a 5.1 speaker system (I forgot the brand), A Marantz 4300 CD changer and just recently, a Marantz 5011 AVR in 2017. Not a problem with anything,

I highly recommend them.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Can’t add anything just be aware of the return policy’s limitations.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Aren't you the brave soul buying used stuff from Amazon associated sellers and ebay?
Nope. I don’t buy from 3rd party sellers on eBay. I buy either from Amazon or Amazon Warehouse.

These days if I’m buying from eBay, it is for some small inexpensive items. I just bought a new JVC NX5 remote control (to use as spare) from eBay for about $30.

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
I’ve bought equipment and accessories from ACC4LESS quite a few times and had only one order where they shorted me a cable, customer service took care of me within an hour of my messaging them.
Personally I’m not big on buying refurbished electronics or refurb speakers but I’ve bought a bunch of their new in box gear and the new factory closeouts they’ve offered.
I also do my research and don’t find much need to return gear I order so I’ve never been much concerned with their return policies on that score and from what I’ve read it’s not an issue on the returns for defects with their factory refurbed units.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There is no Denon factory, just a contracted service agent, Panurgy I think it is (who sometimes does a lousy job of ensuring a refurb works).
That makes sense.

They do “Factory Repairs” and are recommended by Denon for warranty service. Somehow over the years I thought it was an actual “factory”. My bad. :D

Yeah, I wouldn’t trust Panurgy to fix anything. Unfortunately I think they do many of the refurbishing for Denon.

Looking back, if I didn’t have significant issues related to Panurgy, I might still be a Denon fan.

I think Denon should stop using Panurgy.

Does anyone know who does most of the refurbishing for A4L? Hopefully not Panurgy.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Bought an Integra AVR for my father from A4L a year ago. So far, so good.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have bought over 20 items from them without a hitch!
I thought I had a bad AVR, and after they had me do some routine checks (to make sure I didn't do anything too stupid in the setup) I ended up with a replacement within a week at no extra cost. That is fair.
I am somewhat embarrassed to admit the second AVR exhibited the same behavior, which led me to look into it a bit deeper and it was "user error" on my part - "oops"!
IMHO, their return policy is fair; however it is not the "satisfaction guarantee" of many places and you can expect to pay shipping unless the item is defective! They are obviously going for supplying reputable gear at the lowest price available, so it makes sense that they would avoid the extra cost of a SVS type return policy.
LovintheHD is the only guy I have read of who received a defective item.

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
He ended up msg me, I gave him my Frys promo code, he got a brand new Pioneer Lx503 for $479 shipped, with 3 year manufacturers warranty,

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I bought a pair of new Canton Vento 820.2 bookshelf speakers from A4L last fall. Very easy transaction and awesome speakers! :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I bought a pair of new Canton Vento 820.2 bookshelf speakers from A4L last fall. Very easy transaction and awesome speakers! :)
Am I correct to think that A4L is one of the few places in USA to easily buy Canton Vento speakers at a good price? I live in EU and Canton being a German corporation gives me more opportunities for good deals, and all my speakers are Canton Vento.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis