How many people have bought from accessories 4 less?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LovintheHD is the only guy I have read of who received a defective item.
I bet those 2 defective Denon units came from Panurgy, which was where Best Buy sent my AVP-A1HDCI twice.

I have not heard of any defective Refurbished Yamaha or other brands that do not use Panurgy.

PanurgyOEM is an authorized repair service for Denon, Marantz, Panasonic, Canon. So don’t buy any refurbished items from Denon, Panasonic, Canon if they come from Panurgy. :D

https://www.panurgyoem.com/authorized-service/

Now that Pioneer and Onkyo are part of/associated with D/M, I bet they will now also use Panurgy.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I bet those 2 defective Denon units came from Panurgy, which was where Best Buy sent my AVP-A1HDCI twice.

I have not heard of any defective Refurbished Yamaha or other brands that do not use Panurgy.

PanurgyOEM is an authorized repair service for Denon, Marantz, Panasonic, Canon. So don’t buy any refurbished items from Denon, Panasonic, Canon if they come from Panurgy. :D

https://www.panurgyoem.com/authorized-service/

Now that Pioneer and Onkyo are part of/associated with D/M, I bet they will now also use Panurgy.
But if Panurgy is the source of the Denon/Marantz refurbs and they are so screwed up, how do you explain all of the people who have great experiences buying D&M refurbs from A4L?
I think your AVP-A1HDCI is a special instance where once the warranty period expired, Denon made the decision not to support it with replacement parts. So I am not sure you can blame Panurgy for that! If so, why didn't you send it to another repair facility?
I have no idea if Panurgy is a hack company or not, but there are lots of people here who have been very happy with their refurbished D&M gear bought through A4L! So either Panurgy is not their main supplier of D&M refurbs or Panurgy does a pretty good job when they have the tools and parts needed to support reconditioning the units they are assigned to refurbish!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Could have been a specific design issue with my Denon 4520s that I got two bad refurbs of (then went for a new one after that, also from A4L). There was some tech claiming such on avsforum, something to do with the style of boards/connections it uses according to him. I did come up with Panurgy as the certifying refurbisher (which doubtfully takes much tools or parts overall either as many of them are working returns) when researching at the time.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Am I correct to think that A4L is one of the few places in USA to easily buy Canton Vento speakers at a good price? I live in EU and Canton being a German corporation gives me more opportunities for good deals, and all my speakers are Canton Vento.
A4L has great deals. I’m not sure what other place in the US has Canton speakers.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I just got a HEOS 7 from them. Seems to be working great. It’s hard to tell which company does the refurb. They don’t offer that kind of information.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
i've bought a couple things from A4L. I bought a Marantz receiver, which worked great and had zero issues. I also bought a Marantz CD player that broke 45 days after purchase, so A4L would not return it given it was outside their return period. I will say that Marantz honored the warranty with zero issues, so if you're worried about it, while I did have an issue, it was resolved effectively.

JohnBooty

JohnBooty

Enthusiast
Anecdotal, sure, but I bought a single Denon receiver about a year ago and it's been fine.

Also anecdotal but A4Less is recommended often on another audio forum I frequent, and complaints are very very seldom.

Not exactly risk free, but to the crucial question of "would I order from them again?" my answer would be "yes."

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I have purchased two sets of speakers from them and both times were perfect. Both items were new. Not referb.
Customer Service is really good.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I've bought a couple of things from them without any issues and they all appeared and even smelled brand new.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I have bought several times. The very first time I bought it was a Denon AVR. It was DOA. They gave me a return authorization without any nonsense. As soon as I had the UPS tracking number they shipped me a replacement unit. They didn't even wait to see my return or physically get it. They handled it very crisply. Everything else I have purchased from them has been a significant savings and has looked brand new and behaved brand new.

Everyone's risk tolerance is different. You are taking a risk that buying a brand new unit from a dealer you don't have to take. But, the cost savings can be more than worth it. For me, it worked out great and has been more than worth it. YMMV . And like @Auditor55 said in his post: make sure you understand their return policy.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Both my son and I have bought mostly KEF products from them. Some new, most "Factory Recertified" by KEF. They are the only KEF-authorized reseller of their open box and factory recertified products.

The Q200c and iQ10 speakers my son bought were Recertified, as were the M500 headphones. None could be told from new! The worst condition thing I ever got from them was a set of KEF Egg. The box was really beat up but everything inside was perfect and they work great on my workbench in the machine shop where I work.

Yes, I would buy from them anything, anytime.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
My Denon 4500X came on Thursday morning, and I haven't had time to fire it up yet, but it looks really good, and about the only "complaint" I have, and it's nit picking, is the box and packing isn't nearly as nice as the ones I see on the various YT videos, but it made the trip to me fine and that's all that matters. If I get ambitious Sun after work, I will hook it up and start checking it out, but I would be shocked if there is a problem. But now that I said it, you know..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis