Status
Not open for further replies.
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
herbu stated "A liberal investigator and his liberal staff dug into Russian collusion for 2 years and could find no proof.", I was responding to him not you. Either way, that's not Mueller and his staff?

What am I missing here?
And, he did find Russian meddling in the election and extensive contact with Trump staff before the election.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And, he did find Russian meddling in the election and extensive contact with Trump staff before the election.
And the drumph is still kissing kremlin butt, and refuses to put more money into election security...hmm.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
And the drumph is still kissing kremlin butt, and refuses to put more money into election security...hmm.
Why didn’t Obama put more money into election security?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are you suggesting a presidential candidate shouldn’t have contact with Russia?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why didn’t Obama put more money into election security?

Because he was a lame duck in 2016? Why is our internet infrastructure and cybersecurity so poor in general?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Why should mere candidates be dealing directly with a foreign power, especially one that is antigonistic towards us?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yes, absolutely they should not, especially his staff to help him in the election, secret back channel communications, etc.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, absolutely they should not, especially his staff to help him in the election, secret back channel communications, etc.
This isn't the first time this has happened either with modern day Republican presidential candidates; Nixon with the Vietnamese and Reagan with the Iranians. And American voters just lap it up like catnip. The Logan Act has been repeatedly ignored and broken in our history. It might as well be used for toilet paper.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So you believe that Mueller is a left-leaning liberal? Even though he's been a life-long registered Republican and a self-admitted conservative. Fascinating.
This is what happens when you only read sources that agree with you. You should look a little deeper.

highfigh

highfigh

Do you think social media (the actual Facebook, Instagram, Twitter organizations, rather than the users) should have been able to filter comments from Russian sources that may have influenced voters?

highfigh

highfigh

This isn't the first time this has happened either with modern day Republican presidential candidates; Nixon with the Vietnamese and Reagan with the Iranians. And American voters just lap it up like catnip. The Logan Act has been repeatedly ignored and broken in our history. It might as well be used for toilet paper.
"The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States."

How do you see Jimmy Carter's trip to North Korea?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
"The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States."

How do you see Jimmy Carter's trip to North Korea?
You mean the one Clinton sent him on to negotiate with the regime?

highfigh

highfigh

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
According to this link, Carter stepped outside of the original scope.

https://www.masslive.com/opinion/2018/06/carters_1994_north_korea_trip.html

This didn't see that he was on an official US trip in this link, either-

https://www.csis.org/analysis/former-us-president-jimmy-carters-mission-north-korea

I don't know of anyone who would question Carter's motives, though.
There's a world of difference between that and the Nixon/Reagan campaigns undermining their own governments in order to win their respective elections. Doesn't remotely qualify as "whataboutism".

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
One of the most significant findings of Mueller's investigations was that the Trump campaign did indeed contact Russians during the 2016 election. Furthermore, they never reported anything about it to the FBI, or any other police. In fact, they tried to deny it, to the point of lying about it and obstructing legal investigations.

This was unquestionably illegal. Whether Trump and his staff understood it was illegal or not doesn't matter, they clearly tried to hide it from investigators.

That alone is enough to convince me he shouldn't be let off the hook. The tax evasion & financial fraud, such as lying to banks, investors, and creditors, etc. will only add fuel to the fire.

Shame on spineless GOP politicians, Fox news & their wanna-bes, and all the voters who fail to understand this.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
This is what happens when you only read sources that agree with you. You should look a little deeper.
So reading the redacted report from beginning to end doesn't count huh?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
At this point I’m going to bow out of this thread. This is just a waste of time and electrons. Some people here just refuse to flat out admit in what Trump’s campaign did was wrong ethically and in some instances legally criminal (campaign finance laws to name one; paying off the two women not to reveal their affairs with him, $130, 000 each, a month before the presidential election in 2016). I feel like I’m just spitting in the wind and wasting precious oxygen.

It seems that as long as Trump dances with the devil and skirts closer & closer to the precipice that’s okeydokey in their eyes. Just like his constant outright lying, ignorance of the facts; it’s all excusable in the name of party affiliation.

I’ve had these same conversations before with friends & family who always vote a straight Republican ticket no matter what. BTW, I’m a registered Independent and have voted for candidates of both parties. When Carter, Clinton, Obama were presidents I had no problem in admitting when they shaded the truth, lied or followed some wrong-headed policy, both domestically and foreign, that I didn’t agree with, and I said as such. I mean what’s the big deal in admitting the truth? But getting them to admit it about their own candidate was near-nigh impossible, as if to do so would cause Armageddon to commence. Unreal.

But we now live in the age of “alternate facts”, which completely baffles me. Up is down, down is up.

I had a Jesuit Catholic education for 12 years and I was taught that facts are facts and immutable, especially scientific facts until proven otherwise. I see a part of the Arctic ice pack, the size of Rhode Island, tear itself off the pole and bobbles out into the Atlantic Ocean and people deny that climate change is real and a fact.

Really? It would kill you to admit what your eyes see before you and what 95% of the scientist’s state is a reality? Wow!!!

Reminds of the guy who marries an ugly women and won’t admit it. Just tell the truth, she’s a great cook, a wonderful mother to your children and great in the sack. There’s no shame in that. I don’t view you as a lesser man for it. In fact I admire you. My father always said, it’s one thing to lie to another man if necessary but to lie to yourself is stupid.

Tell the truth and shame the devil.

Have fun guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis