SVS Ultra Bookshelf vs Polk RtiA3

Y

Yaniv.sheffer

Audiophyte
Hello fellow Audioholics
For the last 5 years I own a Polk RtiA3 bookshelf speakers connected to Yamaha rvx679 as part of a hometheater system.
In the last year or so I started listening more to stereo music (jazz, rock) and in few occasions listened to some stereo equipment focusing mainly on loudspeakers. The last set I listened to were the SVS Ultra bookshelf connected to Denon entry level receiver x250x. The SVSs sounded mind-blowing with crazy detail and soundstage with or without sub (also SVS SB1000 which I also have in my system). After listening I went back home to listen to my set just to get some comparison reference and I must say my Rtia’s don’t sound bad at all and I’m wondering if it’s worthy to invest $1000 for the replacement. I know the SVSs sounded better but......
Anyone else had the chance to compare between those two speaker models and can help me persuade myself ? ;-)

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Where did you listen to them?

Do they have a good return policy? Take them home for a week and try them out in your own home on your own gear as that’s how it will sound, not on the gear at the dealer. If you feel the improvement is $1000 worth it, then go for it, if not, keep searching!

Y

Yaniv.sheffer

Audiophyte
Where did you listen to them?

Do they have a good return policy? Take them home for a week and try them out in your own home on your own gear as that’s how it will sound, not on the gear at the dealer. If you feel the improvement is $1000 worth it, then go for it, if not, keep searching!
I listened to them at the dealer’s show room which was very basic with a simple Denon home theater reciever and they sounded with the SB1000 like a $10,000 tower speakers... but is accept your suggestion..

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Yes, the best idea - if possible - is to 'borrow' a pair from the dealer and listen to them at your place in a comparison against your Polk speakers.

Where are you located?

The Polk LSiM 703 speakers are frequently on sale for $600 or $750/pair, instead of their list price of $1500/pair. They might be as good as, if not better than, the SVS Ultras. But I haven't heard either one, so I don't have an opinion on either one.

Y

Yaniv.sheffer

Audiophyte
Yes, the best idea - if possible - is to 'borrow' a pair from the dealer and listen to them at your place in a comparison against your Polk speakers.

Where are you located?

The Polk LSiM 703 speakers are frequently on sale for $600 or $750/pair, instead of their list price of $1500/pair. They might be as good as, if not better than, the SVS Ultras. But I haven't heard either one, so I don't have an opinion on either one.
I’m located in Israel. We don’t have those deals here. Polks are much expensive then in the US.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis