Upgradeitis is setting in again

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Other than the port hole, what's the thought on Denon vs Marantz?
The Denon 4000 series is the feature equivalent of the the Marantz 7000 series. The Marantz 6000 is the odd one out, it sits between the Denon 3000 and 4000 series being that it has 9 amp channels and I believe can do 11 with an external amp but is still missing a few things that the Denon 4000 series have. You'd have to go to the website to get all the differences.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I glanced at that when you posted and it was much less than when I checked just now....did you "pull the trigger" on that?

PS nm I see the $1372.50 price is still available from "other sellers" even tho its Amazon prime....goofy.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think the surround speakers in that package might be a bit underpowered though.
Yeah, I was laughing at those "surround speakers" too. :D

I guess they're a little better than Bose Cubes. Haha. :D

If they could package the Q150 or Q350 bookshelf as surround speakers, it would be good.

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
I glanced at that when you posted and it was much less than when I checked just now....did you "pull the trigger" on that?

PS nm I see the $1372.50 price is still available from "other sellers" even tho its Amazon prime....goofy.
I didn't, haha! I created another post in the AVR section asking about the 4400 vs 4500. I figure if I want 11 channels of amplification I can get something like a crown xls for less than the price difference on a 4x00 vs a 6x00. The IMAX enhancement of the 4500 intrigues me and am wondering if that functionality will be made available on the 4400 via a firmware update

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
I pulled the trigger on Emotivas. Got the T1 towers and the C2 center. I'll move the mini monitors to surround duty and either go 7.1 or 5.1.2 using my prime satellites as the Atmos speakers.

I know as @shadyJ said that not all AMT are created equal but what I've heard I like. $817 for the 3 delivered. If I hate em I can get the all shipped back for about $120 total.

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
AMT tweeters can vary widely in quality, so don't judge all AMTs from one experience.
I've also heard the hvfr on the GE Triton 5's. The airy highs are really appealing to me. I have a feeling I'll be pleased with the overall performance from the Emotivas. Also, keep in mind that comparing your ears to mine is like comparing a Mercedes with a Mazda- you're no doubt a little more refined;):p

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic

Screenshot_20190507-185424.png
Notice anything fishy? I don't think I want to wait 1 to 2 months on what looks to be a questionable situation

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Notice anything fishy? I don't think I want to wait 1 to 2 months on what looks to be a questionable situation

Just the 1-2 month thing seems a bit odd but from Denon with Amazon Prime, no indication of refurb (which was my first thought). Dunno...call Amazon and see what's up?

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
Made some purchases- AVR-X4400H to replace the 2300W, Emotiva T1 and C2 to replace Paradigm Mini Monitors, an an SVS PC-2000 to pair better with my HSU VTF3 MK4 and replace a PB-1000. The leftovers will become a 3.1 system in the office. Now just have to find surrounds to move the Prime Satellites overhead, as well as rear surrounds to make it a 7.2.2 system. Looking at the Airmotiv books for the sides and the wall mounts for the rears. All four can be had for $400

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Made some purchases- AVR-X4400H to replace the 2300W, Emotiva T1 and C2 to replace Paradigm Mini Monitors, an an SVS PC-2000 to pair better with my HSU VTF3 MK4 and replace a PB-1000. The leftovers will become a 3.1 system in the office. Now just have to find surrounds to move the Prime Satellites overhead, as well as rear surrounds to make it a 7.2.2 system. Looking at the Airmotiv books for the sides and the wall mounts for the rears. All four can be had for $400
Nice! Why didn’t you get a VTF3 MK5 to pair with your HSU? That parts a little confusing to me. Those would be more similar no?

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
Nice! Why didn’t you get a VTF3 MK5 to pair with your HSU? That parts a little confusing to me. Those would be more similar no?
Footprint, and the dsp on the SVS amp. The added overdriving protection is attractive to me. Also just kind of wanted to try a cylindrical design. And the bill of Rights.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis