Pairing amp to speaker

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Have you played with the online SPL calculator yet?

And just so you know... I have 5 Outlaw 2200s plugged into one household outlet. No special cuicuitry, no dedicated breaker... ;) I also have two X13 subs on the same line, the TV, AVR, my computer, etc on that same circuit. I have yet to pop anything. *knocks on wood

Remember, it takes 1w to make your speaker produce 90dB at 1m. Even if I listen to all 7 channels at once, plus my subs... I'm probably rarely pulling more than 10-15 watts. (My normal listening level though is about -10- -15 dB in 2.2 stereo.... so less than 2w for the speakers plus whatever the subs are using.)

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I like that player because of the high res audio and analog outs. It also has both hdr10 and Dolby vision. I thought about the Sony x800m2 but I want the analog option on the x1100es. I was planning on moving the vtf2 to the bedroom if I got the vtf 15h. Would 2 vtf2’s outmaneuver the vtf 15h? If I went that route I would have to get a transmitter. Who makes the better transmitter SVS or Outlaw audio?

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I pay attention to the numbers to much. I’m always measuring trying different angles calibrating adding bookshelves and large house plants as sound treatment. Crunching all the stat numbers and comparing to other components. Almost as an obsession. My wife says I should go back to school for audio engineering because I like it so much. Lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like that player because of the high res audio and analog outs. It also has both hdr10 and Dolby vision. I thought about the Sony x800m2 but I want the analog option on the x1100es. I was planning on moving the vtf2 to the bedroom if I got the vtf 15h. Would 2 vtf2’s outmaneuver the vtf 15h? If I went that route I would have to get a transmitter. Who makes the better transmitter SVS or Outlaw audio?
What advantage does the analog conversion in that particular player offer over that in your avr? I have an Oppo with analog outs but just use hdmi myself...

Two subs would offer the advantage of smoothing room modes, not sure what you mean by outmaneuver....total output?

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Outmaneuver meaning 1 vtf 15h better than two vtf2’s

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Thanks your right the dac in my avr is probably way better. I should just get the cheaper one. Thanks you just saved me some coin

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Outmaneuver meaning 1 vtf 15h better than two vtf2’s
I'm not a hsu owner, but I've heard nothing but good things about the VTFs in general. If you have a Large to Very Large room, I would say step up to the 15 now, and add a second when you can. If you are in a Medium - Large room, adding a second 2 might be all you need. Most importantly is a smoothing of the bass response. You will get a small dB boost, too. But if you are in a 5000'3-8000'3 room... you need more bigger better woofage. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis