A speaker kind that i"ve never listened

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
I was shopping for interesting new speakers than i found in the kicker site their big marine speaker with horn loading. The model is kmtc horn loaded which is a 2 way co-axial in a compact round box. It seem to be a quality speaker design. Also they have a system for marine speaker where the tweeter is attached on the metal grid so no need to extend the pole piece thru the woofer like most other company. I listened many car co-axial speakers with a hole in the middle to extend the pole piece up to the tweeter so the tweeter is in front of the main voice coil provoking phase problems and the hole do not seal the box so there is many weird low frequency noise escaping the center of the woofer. this is a thing to look, complete co-axial speakers with seal woofer and tweeter attached in the middle of a robust metal grill. Pyle and kicker offer them as low of 70$ and up a pair.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What do you expect from speakers from those brands? Maybe try one of those speakers you have recommended in the past. I'm not sure what horn loaded marine speakers would look like, or a car for that matter.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
Almost no speakers are playing all day online. So ccelestion, sony, kicker, cerwin vega and jbl are just selled without any real marketing. It's easy in theory to build decent music blog site in any respectable music company. So i don't know kicker, you don't know anything from kicker and it's completely boring to surf online and chat online.good product are offered but with atrocious marketing.

Most musicians cannot compose and sell good music recording because all the speakers in the market sound bad. Musicians are witnessing that people just listen music with narrow sound bandwith with just gimmick to excite the speaker with oversized sound. So there is no reconized bassist anywhere because you cannot really play on these speakers. Only loud heavy electric guitars and some explosion of rhytmic boom make some new sensation and the rest of the music possibility are not put in use.

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you're hell-bent on making car speakers work in your home, at least focus on brands who put actual engineering chops into them. Focal, Morel, Hertz... I don't doubt that they could perform well in a home environment if the correct cabinet were built for them. The crossover work is already done anyway.

Heck, if memory serves, a guy on a forum somewhere was saying that when his old Volvo kicked the bucket he was going to take the 3-way Dynaudios out of the doors and build speakers with them. They were worth more than the car at that point! :D

But if you believe that $100 pair of Sony XPLOD 6x9's that was thrown together in China for pennies on the dollar is a diamond in the rough, well...

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
thanks a lot. i will soon buy a mini jvc wood cone stereo mini sound system. They perfectly build it and there is many available on eBay at around 800$. but wait a diy audiophile build a horn pair of wood speakers that have a 3 feet wide concentric speaker driver made with pure wood., the video is call: wood cone speakers- diy speakers by tu trinh. They sound ever bigger. It must cost 20 000$ or more.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
The trick to distinguish the sound is to listen your speakers with an analog turntable with a record that have good sounding musical instrument like acoustic guitars, violins, kick drum, cymbals. Any classical or jazz records might permit to get a new experience because almost nobody never listened these wood speaker membranes. Almost all peoples have listened on kevlar, plastics and paper and aluminium tweeters and soft dome 2 way system. i even think that there are wood tweeter on the market.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Most musicians cannot compose and sell good music recording because all the speakers in the market sound bad. Musicians are witnessing that people just listen music with narrow sound bandwith with just gimmick to excite the speaker with oversized sound. So there is no reconized bassist anywhere because you cannot really play on these speakers. Only loud heavy electric guitars and some explosion of rhytmic boom make some new sensation and the rest of the music possibility are not put in use.
All speakers on the market sound bad? Oh my........o_Oo_O

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis