Andon

Andon

Audioholic
Hi guys, I have a chance to purchase a set of
Chane A5rx-c, floor standing speakers,
Chane A2rx-c center channel and
ES1010i Powered Subwoofer Red Burl. The problem is I can not find a lot of information about the speakers and not shure jf I want to spend $600-$700 for them. Any help as far as information will be appreciated. Thanks​

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@Andon I at one time owned (3) of the Chane A2.4's across the front and it cost me a tad over $800 shipped! If you can get the A5's and the A2 center for $600-$700, then that is a pretty good deal inmho. That is, if they are in decent shape. Not beat up, and etc. I found the A2.4's to be very good. You can always get in touch w/Jon Lane@Chane as he will gladly answer any and all of your questions. Here is a link:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/index.php?route=common/home

Just click the "contact us" tab or call him at (775)544-7287. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
@Andon I at one time owned (3) of the Chane A2.4's across the front and it cost me a tad over $800 shipped! If you can get the A5's and the A2 center for $600-$700, then that is a pretty good deal inmho. That is, if they are in decent shape. Not beat up, and etc. I found the A2.4's to be very good. You can always get in touch w/Jon Lane@Chane as he will gladly answer any and all of your questions. Here is a link:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/index.php?route=common/home

Just click the "contact us" tab or call him at (775)544-7287. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks for the response, how do they sound?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the response, how do they sound?
I have not heard the original A5 or the A2, but have owned (3) A2.4's which sounded fantastic. In fact, they produced the most cohesive front-stage that I have ever owned to date. The Chanes are very neutral and fully balanced. The planar tweeter is very airy and extended in which you will notice from cymbal crashes. Was NOT overly crazy about the vinyl finish. But, Jon had to make some cuts somewhere. I think you will be impressed. Keep in mind that the A5 towers are a 3-way design whereas the A2.4's are 2-ways. The A5's have a dedicated midrange driver. Thus, the Chanes work well with both music and HT. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just a few pics!

SAM_0897 (3).JPG
SAM_0901 (3).JPG
SAM_0906 (1).JPG
SAM_0913 (5).JPG
SAM_0987 (5).JPG
SAM_1003.JPG

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I'm researching the 5.4's I found on AVS, from the ones who have them are liking them a lot the tower 5.4 that is.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis