Affordable Loudspeakers of AXPONA 2019

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The 2019 AXPONA show had more to offer than just king-size luxury speakers. In this segment of our AXPONA coverage, we look at a selection of the more affordable loudspeakers that were on display. While the massive high-end speakers seem to get most of the attention, there were a multitude of outstanding lower cost speakers that deserve as much attention as any six-figure behemoth. This year's AXPONA proves that you don't have to be rich to get good sound. And, for me pesonally, it’s easier to get excited about products that I could actually hope to own.

READ: Affordable Loudspeakers of AXPONA 2019

BluesDaddy

BluesDaddy

Audioholic Intern
I'm surprised you didn't touch on the Magnepan LRS. By accounts I've read, they had some of the best sound at the show - incredible at the price point of $650.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It was a big show, and I didn't get a chance to hear everything. I wish I had heard them, but the Magnapan room tends to be packed, so I never got around to it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
When I was shopping last year, the KLH speakers stood out as interesting, but there was no info to be had beyond their website marketing. Crutchfield was the only place I saw to order from... Most people I asked about them just returned blank looks or replied, “huh?”.
Just like the AVS review that came out, I am glad to see these getting some attention. They seem to be pretty respectable, especially for the cost. Hope some well tested reviews and comparisons find their way out soon!

U

User5910

Enthusiast
... but the Magnapan room tends to be packed, so I never got around to it.
I was looking forward to hearing the Magnepans but they had the music turned down and the rep just wouldn't stop talking so I left.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis