Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
it means something a lot different than in my youth.
And by 'youth' you mean 19 - 21 ...

I consider 'youth' to be any period when you are making still regrettable choices ...

Like not doing laundry for a month straight ... that's where I am now.

... but I'm gonna go work on some speaker grills anyway. I started yesterday. There's a reason you don't see a lot of top notch grill work on DIY speakers. I'm gonna change all that ... today ... by myself ...

... stand back.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... stand back.
Not that far back. Come a little closer.

Patriots Day in the big city means I get another full day at the grills.

My girl's take on the crazy speaker obsession is that at least it's only speakers that I'm honed in on. It is crazy to spend this much time hammering away at something ... I want to be more like Doug. Same rec'r, same speakers, same TV for going on 20 years.

Rush hour through Providence ... small potatoes compared to Beantown.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Not that far back. Come a little closer.

Patriots Day in the big city means I get another full day at the grills.

My girl's take on the crazy speaker obsession is that at least it's only speakers that I'm honed in on. It is crazy to spend this much time hammering away at something ... I want to be more like Doug. Same rec'r, same speakers, same TV for going on 20 years.

Rush hour through Providence ... small potatoes compared to Beantown.
... iirc...I got my reciever in 2006, my speakers in 2009 and my big TV in 2010...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
All I can say it TGIF, it's been a long and interesting work week and it's almost over.
My head of department is leaving, at the same time network/security VP is leaving as well as head of desktop support team. Only Internal promotion was only made to pick a new head of desktop support (not really relevant to me, as I'm in systems group)
No one is saying that they all going to work for the same new employee, but timing is very curious.
In 1966 Robert F. Kennedy delivered a speech that included an instance: "There is a Chinese curse which says “May he live in interesting times.” Like it or not, we live in interesting times."
I hear you on that. After my former company got aquired I had 5 managers in 2 years. People just kept leaving due to upper management being totally useless. Nothing like getting reviewed by someone that isn't even sure what your job is...over and over again...

I've never asked you, but what do you mean by systems?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Gonna get the new* car detailed.

*11 years old. We bought it new (2008) and that's the way it stays.

... because that's way more fun than speakering.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Finaly, Fiiiiinally!!

People, it was garlic. It took us awhile and a lot of blind guessing, but we're finally there...

Here comes the end of tinitus;
sfnobbatpwe1njol1elzcc.jpg

:D:D:D
1555765396541.png

You're suppose to insert it in your ear and leave it while you sleep. Everyone knows no tinitus is garlic-proof!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
6-12-2019

fixed car

went to lunch with sugar momma

washed back of house

might take a nap...rest of house will have to wait

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
E-brake cable time, plus rear pads ... a caliper and rear brake hoses ... I'm already tired.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
School's almost over. In the past two months I built a dining room table and a wine rack, and refinished a little rolling island. Almost time to give the HT room a proper workout since building the dual 21" sub. Operation lazy sh!t ready to engage.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
E-brake cable time, plus rear pads ... a caliper and rear brake hoses ... I'm already tired.
Guy sold me the wrong cable and the box with the pads had a wrong part in the sealed plastic bag.

Essentially, I got to do everything twice ... at least twice because the calipers got replaced too.

But it's done. F^%&ing stops great. Now it's off to Maine.

Fare well and if I don't make it back ... good bye.

F^%&ing hate Maine.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hi, my name is Doug and I'm an Audioholic. It's been 14 years today since I sought help...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hi, my name is Doug and I'm an Audioholic. It's been 14 years today since I sought help...

Wait, Audioholics is supposed to STOP us from being addicted to high quality audio? If so, I don't think it's doing a very good job...worse than ever for me.

I don't think I could stop even if I wanted to. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Went to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland this weekend. Pretty cool stuff.

Also was at the Dodgers game when the 7.1 quake hit. Fortunately, no issues in LA since it was 100mi away.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Starting a part time job this this week. Two days a week. wtf was I thinking. If anyone but my cousin had called and asked me to help out I would have told them to go kick rocks. Ah-well, maybe I'll make enough by the end of the summer for a fun new tool.

Also going up to the parents summer cottage next week. They haven't been there in like 5 years due to taking care of the grandparents. So upside, close to the beach. Downside, 14 hour drive each way, plus labor while we're up there because the deck rotted away and there are some other repairs that need to happen due to the location and how rough the winters are up there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis