Anyone heard much about the JBL studio 2 line up?

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
I just replaced 4 bs22s with 4 JBL studio 220s
But there is not much info about them out there, they are a much nicer looking monitor and look to have far superior technology,
Wonder if anyone has heard much about them yet? I have not got a moment of silence in the house since I got them to run Ypao but even without they seem to put out great detail
As surrounds.
I also purchased 4 of the JBL studio 210s to use as height atmos monitors, I have them mounted about 1 food from the ceiling.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
i recently bought the 230s for my 2-channel music setup and I love them!

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
i recently bought the 230s for my 2-channel music setup and I love them!
I use the 220s as surrounds and the 210s for atmos,
They closely match my infinity fronts, but the waveguide tweeters are different.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The absence of responses begs the question - how does JBL distribute their speakers?
They certainly have a great reputation as part of Harman!
But if they are no longer in BestBuys, or Fry's, or Target, or Walmart their exposure is limited!
They are very well distributed on the pro-audio side, but I'm thinking Amazon or Crutchfield are probably the only outlets which means you cannot hear before you buy!
(actually, both Amazon and Crutchfield allow you easy returns if you don't like them in your home, which is better, but not everyone looks at it that way)

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
The absence of responses begs the question - how does JBL distribute their speakers?
They certainly have a great reputation as part of Harman!
But if they are no longer in BestBuys, or Fry's, or Target, or Walmart their exposure is limited!
They are very well distributed on the pro-audio side, but I'm thinking Amazon or Crutchfield are probably the only outlets which means you cannot hear before you buy!
(actually, both Amazon and Crutchfield allow you easy returns if you don't like them in your home, which is better, but not everyone looks at it that way)
From my demo of them I can say that they are very good, a notch below the infinity’s,
But when you catch the JBL 2 series on sale for 210s are $79.99 a pair and the 220s $99 a pair, nothing touches them in that price bracket.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
well I replaced my older polk rti series that I have owned for about 10 years with the 230s and they are a great deal better than the polks when I bought them and the sound is much better with better clarity and soundstage. with the deal on ebay I could not pass them up!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis