j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is it necessary to watch CM first before Endgame?

Or is it like "Ant-Man and the Wasp" in that it's not that important to the story line?
You won't be able to rent it by the time Endgame comes out. Smart move on the part of Disney. It is important because it fills in a lot of connecting details from a lot of the films. Aside from one key element, you can probably live without it for Endgame though, since it more or less establishes how powerful she is, how she's relevant to what happened so her part fits with endgame because of where her power came from.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You won't be able to rent it by the time Endgame comes out. Smart move on the part of Disney. It is important because it fills in a lot of connecting details from a lot of the films. Aside from one key element, you can probably live without it for Endgame though, since it more or less establishes how powerful she is, how she's relevant to what happened so her part fits with endgame because of where her power came from.
Now that I know that, do I still need to watch CM? I bet by the time I see Endgame someone will have told me some of those relevant parts. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Now that I know that, do I still need to watch CM? I bet by the time I see Endgame someone will have told me some of those relevant parts. :D
You are right. You don't need a good foundation, just a few piers here and there. ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Oh yeah forgot about that version. Did she first appear in the Avengers?
Don't know about the comic book time line but in the movie time, this was the first appearance but the movie timeline goes back to 1995 and before.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Don't know about the comic book time line but in the movie time, this was the first appearance but the movie timeline goes back to 1995 and before.
Thanks I was a huge Marvel Comics fan back when I was a kid and am now into the movie universe.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Movies these days are becoming almost unwatchable do to the in your face propaganda that hollywood clearly pushes. They bastardized starwars, now they're doin it with marvel. smh

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I heard it was better than Justice League at least, but that would not be a difficult task.o_O
As a whole, I would put most of these Marvel/DC movies in one general rating - not great. :D

Each of these movies has its own appeal. Some people will say that one is better than the other, and we all disagree. But pretty much all of these movies have some serious plot holes that require us to shut off our brains completely.

Maybe the only 3 comic book movies that stand out to me are the Dark Knight Trilogy and Watchmen. Maybe.

Aquaman has some serious serious plot holes that require shutting off our brains 100% in order to enjoy. :D

But the Visual and Sound effects are great. I bet the Atmos sound will be great when it comes out on BluRay.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Movies these days are becoming almost unwatchable do to the in your face propaganda that hollywood clearly pushes. They bastardized starwars, now they're doin it with marvel. smh
I'm fairly liberal, but I had to groan out loud at the scene when one of the Kree warriors called Earth a shithole planet. They really didn't need to go there... I go to the movies to get away from crap like that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I'm fairly liberal, but I had to groan out loud at the scene when one of the Kree warriors called Earth a shithole planet. They really didn't need to go there... I go to the movies to get away from crap like that.
What would have been a better response to indicate the same thing? Perhaps a stone age planet?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Take your expectation level down a few notches and you'll be okay. :D
OK, Aquaman was awful. Visually better than Justice League, but story was still apparently written by a preteen. Almost every one of the DC films feels like they're written by people who have never read a comic book and the overall feel is always "we just need to make a movie so we can make some money".

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
OK, Aquaman was awful. Visually better than Justice League, but story was still apparently written by a preteen. Almost every one of the DC films feels like they're written by people who have never ready a comic book and the overall feel is always "we just need to make a movie so we can make some money".
Kind of like watching cartoons where Wile E Coyote never dies no matter how many times the bombs explode in his face or how many times he falls off the cliff. :D

Or no matter how many times a super-human hits head with a 3000-pound torpedo, Wile E Coyote would still get up. :D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And now I am scratching my head what sequence would be the best to watch Marvel movies once again.
I see two different lists on line but I am still not sold on a good line to follow.
Capt. America is a flashback to WW II. Fury has an Eye patch.
Seems like Capt. Marvel would be the starter. What then? Which one overlaps the other at about the same time?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The first film was Iron Man. It all starts there.

Captain America flashes to WWII for his background but the main story takes place in "present" day.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Captain America flashes to WWII for his background but the main story takes place in "present" day.
That's what it looks like until Captain Marvel comes on scene that takes place in the 1990s and Fury still has he eyes.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
I'm so F'ing sick of the feminist agenda being interjected into many films and TV series today. Those that know me know that I'm socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Hollywood is out of control, even by my standards. Even my 11yo daughter recognizes how bad this is when we try to watch shows like Supergirl, or Star Trek Discovery. We are skipping this movie and instead going to see Shazam. he's the real Captain Marvel anyway ;)
It's the WHOLE agenda thing that gets me. I slept through the 2nd half of WW when it was released. The first half was good... but overall, I wasn't impressed.

Black Panther was unwatchable, IMHO.

This has nothing to do with gender/ethnicity or social agendas. At least not at the start. It's writing, casting, directing, acting, editing, set and costume design, SFX, cinematography, etc. The bar has been set very high, and the audience needs more than virtue signalling to sit through a movie or show.

Now Luke Cage was good, IMHO. Or at least it was for a season or two before the writing ran out of steam.

Last edited:
GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic

Agree. Robert Downey jr. can act... even at the time when he was just finishing up with a wicked substance abuse problem. But that says something about casting too. RDJ was Tony Stark... the excesses, the attitude, etc. He was able to play on that to make the character believeable... and let it evolve with him.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's what it looks like until Captain Marvel comes on scene that takes place in the 1990s and Fury still has he eyes.
I'd still watch them in release order. It would be like trying to watch Star Wars in order. Not as much fun, especially when there are 2 or 3 or 4 I'd like to skip.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis