3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched this with my youngest daughtet tonight, an avid Queen fan. I missed it in the theater . It was an awesome movie, one I know I will watch many more times. The acting was incredible, the recording of the music phenomenal. Anyone into rock needs to get this BluRay.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I think it should win Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor at the Oscars. :D

No competition this year IMO. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I liked it, thought it was really well done. However, I'd love to have seen the Sasha Baron Coen vision for the movie. However as long as a band member is alive, I don't think we'll get that.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rami already won best actor for this in the Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globes, so I expect the Oscar will be his too.

I saw it in theater and already watched it again lol. I really liked it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Rami already won best actor for this in the Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globes, so I expect the Oscar will be his too.

I saw it in theater and already watched it again lol. I really liked it.
Funny for me because I never really liked him since the early days when I first saw him played as a small-time terrorist on the “24” TV series with Keifer Sutherland.

Then I hated the “Mr. Robot” TV show.

Not that I ever thought he was a bad actor. I thought he was always good, but not great.

But then I saw “Bohemian Rhapsody” and I was blown away by his performance.

I guess he just needed the right role. Man, he found the right role. :D

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Glad to hear the positive reviews. Just picked up the blu-ray yesterday. Looking forward to watching this weekend.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Whoever picked up on this will roll his/hers eyes for me saying it, but I wouldn't want anyone missing it if there are such viewers here; the producer who declined the idea is Mike Meyers; the Wayne's World's Mike Meyers, who said in the movie that you'll never have kids with long hair headbanging to that song in a car, which was pretty much all they did in Wayne's World when Bohemian was playing in the car.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What is really cool is that Rami is a graduate of the University of Evansville (U of E) which is exactly 10-miles from my home. He really is a talented actor. Have not seen this movie yet, but plan to as soon as I can. :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Whoever picked up on this will roll his/hers eyes for me saying it, but I wouldn't want anyone missing it if there are such viewers here; the producer who declined the idea is Mike Meyers; the Wayne's World's Mike Meyers, who said in the movie that you'll never have kids with long hair headbanging to that song in a car, which was pretty much all they did in Wayne's World when Bohemian was playing in the car.
I immediately saw that and thought it was hilarious.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I caught that too and found it very odd indeed.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Pretty happy about getting the new sub situated and the system calibrated while waiting to redbox the Blu-ray. The audio was pretty happening.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I need to see this. Heard great things about the movie and I loved Queen.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Yeah I need to see this. Heard great things about the movie and I loved Queen.
I actually just finished watching it and absolutely loved it. It definitely gave the sound system a little workout.

M

m3incorp

Audioholic Intern
I saw this in the theater also. I read the UHD review and the reviewer states that the atmos speakers get a work-out in some scenes. I plan to buy it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I saw this in the theater also. I read the UHD review and the reviewer states that the atmos speakers get a work-out in some scenes. I plan to buy it.
It really does get you into the movie. Sound in this movie is some of the best I've heard. The way they mixed everything was just fantastic. Sounded like a concert when it was supposed to, sounded like a studio when it was supposed to. Excellent.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It really does get you into the movie. Sound in this movie is some of the best I've heard. The way they mixed everything was just fantastic. Sounded like a concert when it was supposed to, sounded like a studio when it was supposed to. Excellent.
It won “Best Sound Mixing” and “Best Sound Editing” at the Oscars.

Also won “Best Lead Actor” and “Best Film Editing”.

It got snubbed of “Best Picture”. :D

“Green Book” won Best Picture. It’s a very good movie, but I don’t know about best movie of the year.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Funny for me because I never really liked him since the early days when I first saw him played as a small-time terrorist on the “24” TV series with Keifer Sutherland.

Then I hated the “Mr. Robot” TV show.

Not that I ever thought he was a bad actor. I thought he was always good, but not great.

But then I saw “Bohemian Rhapsody” and I was blown away by his performance.

I guess he just needed the right role. Man, he found the right role. :D
Never saw him in those, but I liked him in “Night at the museum 2”. He plays a very nicely jaded character in “The Pacific”.
Sooo excited to watch this film. And, docket man whoops coming as well.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It won “Best Sound Mixing” and “Best Sound Editing” at the Oscars.

Also won “Best Lead Actor” and “Best Film Editing”.

It got snubbed of “Best Picture”. :D

“Green Book” won Best Picture. It’s a very good movie, but I don’t know about best movie of the year.
That it did. Deservedly so. Sound IMHO was the best part of the film.

E

Erod

Audioholic
Good movie, but they overdid the teeth. It was distracting.

Freddie Mercury was not Bugs Bunny.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis