What would you recommend?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
DM does not have any suggestions. What speaker would match my BMRs? I have Mini Monitors for surround speakers and I’m thinking of adding Front Presents. Any suggestions?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I remember your other post about the ls50s... presuming this is a different rig? Another music only? Or is this mixed use?
When it comes to presence and atmos speakers, I'm under the impression that voice matching is less important. That said, I'm using mini-phils, sealed as my l/r surround, and old school Dayton AAs for my rears. My plan is putting the AAs up as atmos when my Phil 3s arrive. Now that they are discontinued, I'm hoping Dennis will grant me permission to build my own from kit with his crossover design.
Beyond that, Dennis recommended the mini phils for matching the tweeter with my bmrs... which makes me think of Ascend and David's speakers. The Raals are supposed to be very similar. Obviously xo's are different, but the Sierra 2 or Lunas are what come to mind for any surround or presence usage. The 2s are about the same size as the AA, and the Lunas are a little smaller.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I wouldnt put money into the presence speakers.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
DM does not have any suggestions. What speaker would match my BMRs? I have Mini Monitors for surround speakers and I’m thinking of adding Front Presents. Any suggestions?
Anything with Raal.

Ascend Acoustics would be where I look to. Another great ID company that measures just as well as Philharmonic Audio. Shoot Dave an email and ask him, super helpful guy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis