FS: McIntosh C39 preamplifier

C

CNguyen777

Audiophyte
Up for sale is my McIntosh C39 preamplifier in excellent condition. The unit functions perfectly with no dings, dents or scratches. It is well-cared for by me and yields beautiful mcIntosh sounds. It also comes with the original remote control.
I'm asking $975 plus shipping only in continental US

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i think that pricing is aggressive. That is an old Prologic preamp and pre HDMI. So past the analog sunset it is no use in AV much nor as a surround multichannel preamp. So in effect you have a bulky two channel audio unit with a bunch of connections on the back which will never be used. Also the unit is not on the recommended list of Mcintosh products on vintage audio. My friend had one which was sold some years ago and only fetched about $250 on Audiogon.

I know these units are offered for sale at your price, but I can't find one that sold at that price. I would put its value somewhere south of $500.00. At that you might get a bite.

Just for disclosure I have no interest whatever in the purchase of that unit. I would never consider a purchase of that unit like that.

For those reasons the older audio only McIntosh stereo units fetch much higher prices. I know you have enjoyed the unit, but it is not a highly saleable item, and may be a tough sale at any price.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Price Policing should be done via PM, not as a forum post.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Price Policing should be done via PM, not as a forum post.
PM'ing every member would be a little time consuming. I know that's not what you meant but a public service announcement is a public service. I think 'thanks' are in order.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
PM'ing every member would be a little time consuming. I know that's not what you meant but a public service announcement is a public service. I think 'thanks' are in order.
I think you're missing the point, Alex. Johnny2Bad's issue, however poorly timed, is that TLSGuy's comment on a classified posting was inappropriate, and that if he had an opinion about the pricing he wanted to express he should have done it in a PM with the seller.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think you're missing the point, Alex. Johnny2Bad's issue, however poorly timed, is that TLSGuy's comment on a classified posting was inappropriate, and that if he had an opinion about the pricing he wanted to express he should have done it in a PM with the seller.
I'm not missing the point. I'm disagreeing with it.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Since it was from Aug....
Yet you read it and posted in the topic, so for you it must have been a topical post.

TLSguy should have PM'ed CNguyen777 with his pricing argument. I count one PM.

The entire point of not price policing ... in many forums it's explicitly against the forum rules (I was surprised that is not the case here, which is why I commented in the first place)... is it discourages posts to the member for sale forum, which makes that forum topic essentially a dead one, and that goes for views by potential buyers as well as for sale posts. Essentially the forum may as well not have a "for sale" area at all.

Plus it's poor forum etiquette, like posting the same OP in multiple forum topics, not searching for answers to the same topics answered a thousand times, etc.

I know that TLSguy is a respected member here so it was frankly a surprise to read his post. I am confident he understands what I meant, that leaders should lead by example, and it was not personal. You could make an argument that perhaps my comment should have been done by PM as well, but then other members would not have read it, and they should.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis