speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Been spending a lot of time on youtube as of late. Came across this and thought it was absolutely amazing:

Working in a job like that would have to be cool. Personally, I would want to be in the crossover assembly department. :cool:

Then, I came across this and was like totally blown away: :D

These loudspeakers look a bit unorthodox to me. But, sure look impressive. Would love to hear them one day. Lastly, I thought this was pretty cool as well: ;)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
About a month ago I found a video tour of Focal (if I can find it again I'll post it). Their factory is pretty amazing. They have 2 Research and Development departments. One does the R & D on the speaker designs. The other does the R & D for developing the unique manufacturing machines and equipment used to produce the products. My last career was as a manufacturing engineer in the aerospace industry, and I found the video really informative. I like the fact they make everything in house with dedicated manufacturing lines.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah Focal is a major player no doubt. Feel free to post that video if you can find it. It is amazing how some make their cabinets. Building everything in-house is the way to go inmho. Paradigm does that as well. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Besides liking their sound and value at their price point, that's another reason why I have Paradigm Prestige speakers in my 5.1 music/theater set up in my living room. My speakers were actually manufactured "in house" in North America! What a concept!;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Besides liking their sound and value at their price point, that's another reason why I have Paradigm Prestige speakers in my 5.1 music/theater set up in my living room. My speakers were actually manufactured "in house" in North America! What a concept!;)
I have owned so many different Paradigm speakers it is not even funny. My favorite was the Studio 20 v.3's! Really liked them, but over time they got long in the tooth. Just a bit too hot on the top for me and the low end was a bit bloated. Listening fatigue would settle in quite rapidly. That is why I moved on from them. Paradigm is a major player no doubt! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay I had to throw this one in for fun. Talking about crapping your pants! :eek:

Holy smokes that sucker is NOT playing around! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Ryan. But, that lion video literally made me crap my pants.......LOL!!! That lion is not messing around. Never knew they were that fast! Holy smokes! :eek:

Cheers,

Phil
cats are no joke. even the little ones!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ha. probably wouldn't have been there if not for that fence. I used to jokingly have a theory that we should have to go on safari periodically. If you can outrun the lion, you get to hang around for another 5-10. :p

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Ha. probably wouldn't have been there if not for that fence. I used to jokingly have a theory that we should have to go on safari periodically. If you can outrun the lion, you get to hang around for another 5-10. :p
You are correct. The photographer would have met his maker if it were not for that fence. It is easy to see that no human being could outrun that lion. Therefore, I wouldn't bet on another 5-10......LOL!!!! :p All wildlife is meant to be observed from a much safer distance. I love looking at the bears at the St. Louis zoo. The Polar bears smell, but Good Lord they are huge. Even the big male grizzly was massive. The staff told me he weighed in at almost 1,500 pounds! Holy smokes! That is a lot of teeth and 5" claws! :D

Cheers,

Phil

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I remember my dad taking me there... yes St Louis Zoo! for feeding time one day. Awesome to watch the bears play and eat... then we moved on to the Kamchatka Bears... and I watched these two just stand up snout to snout and wallop each other for a good 2 or 3 minutes! You know they're big. You know they're strong. and you or I would just be a plaything to them... much like the meadow vole or roof rat is to my cats.
Lions, Tigers, and Bears. Oh My!

Thought you were a little more South and East, Speakerman. Is St Louis home to you? Me, born and raised there, before heading off to Columbia for school, then to the Bay. I'm a North County boy, myself.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I remember my dad taking me there... yes St Louis Zoo! for feeding time one day. Awesome to watch the bears play and eat... then we moved on to the Kamchatka Bears... and I watched these two just stand up snout to snout and wallop each other for a good 2 or 3 minutes! You know they're big. You know they're strong. and you or I would just be a plaything to them... much like the meadow vole or roof rat is to my cats.
Lions, Tigers, and Bears. Oh My!

Thought you were a little more South and East, Speakerman. Is St Louis home to you? Me, born and raised there, before heading off to Columbia for school, then to the Bay. I'm a North County boy, myself.
Yeah I live about 3.5 hours East of St. Louis. Have drove it in 3-hours, but I was pushing my luck if you know what I mean. Prefer to just do the speed limit......LOL!!! No need to give any money away. But, that zoo is awesome! The snow leopard is huge too. However, the reticulated python got me. IIRC, it was like 24' long. No way! Really?

Cheers,

Phil

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I live about 3.5 hours East of St. Louis. Have drove it in 3-hours, but I was pushing my luck if you know what I mean. Prefer to just do the speed limit......LOL!!! No need to give any money away. But, that zoo is awesome! The snow leopard is huge too. However, the reticulated python got me. IIRC, it was like 24' long. No way! Really?

Cheers,

Phil
Been a long time, but it used to be a world class zoo. I remember when they built the "new" Primate House some 25 years ago. Very cool place indeed.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Been a long time, but it used to be a world class zoo. I remember when they built the "new" Primate House some 25 years ago. Very cool place indeed.
Hey Ryan found a few more that is absolutely amazing AND very dangerous! :D

I must say if something goes wrong neither guy is going to make it. They would not stand a chance. Have read that a male grizzly jaws can crush a bowling ball b/c it bites so hard. Imagine how hard a kodiak or polar bear could bite? Basically, whatever it sinks its teeth into is now gone. Best to be viewed from a distance. The eyes on the polar bear are haunting inmho. o_O

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay I admit that I got a little off topic. Nothing wrong w/that inmho. But, this is an audio forum. As such, I found this incredibly informative video. Lots of good info here if you pay close attention. This clip is a bit longer, but very well worth it:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Making amps is just as interesting as making loudspeakers. Here is a clip of McIntosh's Iconic amplifiers:

Here is some interesting info regarding McIntosh:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a clip of Dyn Audio facilities:

Just another amazing process. Working there would have to be a fun job. Plus, the employee discount would really add up for a guy like me......LOL!!!!:cool: Lots of testing going on. Just wished I could have seen the crossover process.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis