Outlaw BF sale is active

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Insanely good deal on the X13. Anyone who was on the fence about that one needs to jump on this.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
The RR2160 Receiver is on sale too. That's a nice receiver.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just noticed that the 975 pre-pro is discounted from $580 to $300 (almost 50% off).
It is getting long of tooth (2012), but for someone who wants separates on a budget, it is still a well designed and reliable (as far as I have read no complaints) unit.
Here is a review:
https://hometheaterreview.com/outlaw-audio-model-975-71-av-surround-sound-processor-reviewed/

For separates on a budget, the 975 plus 5000 amp combo for $800 is pretty impressive!
Of course $900 buys a Denon AVR-X4400H (if any are still around) which has many more channels and features, but if separates is your objective, the Outlaw combo is hard to beat!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Insanely good deal on the X13. Anyone who was on the fence about that one needs to jump on this.

Hmmmmm.......

https://www.soundstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1684:outlaw-audio-ultra-x13-subwoofer&catid=338&Itemid=349

I've been on the fence with my DIY designs as to whether I was going to use one driver for a sealed design or another for a ported to really get the movie LFE content.... The ported design would cost me not much less than this to build, and still have to hope I get anywhere near this good of performance. But it appears to actually perform quite well, sealed, too.

Oh crap I might have just sold myself... any idea on how long before these might sell out?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmmmm.......

https://www.soundstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1684:outlaw-audio-ultra-x13-subwoofer&catid=338&Itemid=349

I've been on the fence with my DIY designs as to whether I was going to use one driver for a sealed design or another for a ported to really get the movie LFE content.... The ported design would cost me not much less than this to build, and still have to hope I get anywhere near this good of performance. But it appears to actually perform quite well, sealed, too.

Oh crap I might have just sold myself... any idea on how long before these might sell out?
IIRC (am not mixing them up with another company), Outlaw has traditionally honored their sales for the full duration of the sale period - 11/27/18 at midnight. If they run out of inventory, they will still allow you to buy them at the discounted price and will ship them to you as soon as they get new stock.
If you are serious, probably a good idea to talk to them and verify that and also find out how much inventory they have while you are at it!
I was looking at reviews and this sub was designed by Dan Roemer who is VP of Claridy Audio.
I don't know that brand, but apparently they do the design/product development for other companies. They say much of their production is confidential, but they "do" SVS subwoofer cabinets among other things!
I use "do" because I thought SVS cabinets are made in China, so maybe they design the cabinets, but I always thought SVS had their own designers! Maybe SVS gives them the basic dimensions of the cabinet and Claridy actually provides the specific design to include efficient manufacturing?
@shadyJ , do you know the details of where the line is drawn between SVS and Claridy for design/manufacture?
http://www.claridyaudio.com/gallery.htm

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
IIRC (am not mixing them up with another company), Outlaw has traditionally honored their sales for the full duration of the sale period - 11/27/18 at midnight. If they run out of inventory, they will still allow you to buy them at the discounted price and will ship them to you as soon as they get new stock.
If you are serious, probably a good idea to talk to them and verify that and also find out how much inventory they have while you are at it!
I was looking at reviews and this sub was designed by Dan Roemer who is VP of Claridy Audio.
I don't know that brand, but apparently they do the design/product development for other companies. They say much of their production is confidential, but they "do" SVS subwoofer cabinets among other things!
I use "do" because I thought SVS cabinets are made in China, so maybe they design the cabinets, but I always thought SVS had their own designers! Maybe SVS gives them the basic dimensions of the cabinet and Claridy actually provides the specific design to include efficient manufacturing?
@shadyJ , do you know the details of where the line is drawn between SVS and Claridy for design/manufacture?
http://www.claridyaudio.com/gallery.htm
Claridy used to arrange the manufacture SVS's cabinets, but haven't done any manufacturing for SVS for some years now. Claridy is an OEM and ODM but does not sell anything directly to end users, so strictly B2B. SVS's subwoofers are manufactured by Tymphany nowadays, but they are are designed by SVS's engineering team.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think I'm becoming an Outlaw family member today! X-13s for me.

Thank you @KEW for posting... I looked last night, but not today. 2, delivered, at $999 ea brings them in just at my preferred budget update!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Excellent! Glad you got to get in on this deal.

Personally, I love the look of the down-firing subs, and the Outlaw subs are especially nice with the satin (not gloss) finish! I have a pair of Martin-Logan Dynamo's with a very similar look (but much more compact - sealed 10" sub):
I like what ShadyJ says about it (paraphrasing):
It is a great looking sub; but, it is unassuming enough that you won't notice it unless you look for it.

It is a shame that you have to tilt it get to the bottom and plug the port(s) - say, if you wanted to use one port tuning for music and another for HT!
It is also a shame that the plate amp prevents it from being a simple, clean, black box on all 4 sides and the top! However, there is usually a wall you can put the amp side against.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Done and Done. ;)

And I found my forever speakers, today, too! Gonna join the Phil3 family. Whee! Was invited to audition in a private home near-ish to me. Absolutely astounding. As much as I would like to hear some competitors I was/am interested in, I don't think it would matter. These made the other speakers I listened too already sound a little boxy. And this guy was running them on a 30w First Watt amp (F7 if I recall correctly).

(AND a very good lesson in the story of amplification. I don't know that we ever pushed it past 4 watts of power. Can't say for certain, I did turn it up a few times. But if we were 7-8' away, I don't think we even hit 2w of power into these boxes!) #noobs-can-learn! ;)

Thank you to all who've helped me so far!

Next up... after the goods arrive and I redo my man-office-space: A mic and REW! Look out Shady and company... if you thought I needed help before! :rolleyes:

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I think the temptation of cool subs has passed... only because I am more focused on projection and my own speaker building at the moment.

But, at the rate I work, I wouldn't be ready for them until next BF anyway!

Still, adding a pair of Stewart screens and ordering a second pj while still hoping to see some discounted speaker drivers from Madisound and/or a Dayton MA1260 this weekend.

It's the most, wonderful time of the year!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Done and Done. ;)

And I found my forever speakers, today, too! Gonna join the Phil3 family.
Wow!
You just entered the upper echelon of kick-ass sound quality all in one day!
My hat's off to you!
You've done an excellent job of taking your time and knowing what you are doing before pulling the trigger!
Too bad no BF discount with Philharmonic Audio; but, honestly, with Dennis Murphy's speakers every day is Black Friday. It is hard to discount something when you don't have a mark-up!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow!
You just entered the upper echelon of kick-ass sound quality all in one day!
My hat's off to you!
You've done an excellent job of taking your time and knowing what you are doing before pulling the trigger!
Too bad no BF discount with Philharmonic Audio; but, honestly, with Dennis Murphy's speakers every day is Black Friday. It is hard to discount something when you don't have a mark-up!
Indeed, the value and quality they represent is astounding. I worked hard and saved long to be able to build a nice rig... I think this is going to exceed my imagination!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well... the subs just arrived. Not quite certain I can hide them. The jig is up.

These are some impressive boxes.

If she asks... I'll tell her, "end tables... special home theater end tables... that weigh over 100# each.":oops::cool:

Well I have to go back to the shop. Now these babies are safe and secure. Word to FedEx Ground for not leaving them on the porch OR taking them back to the hub in Windsor!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well... the subs just arrived. Not quite certain I can hide them. The jig is up.

These are some impressive boxes.

If she asks... I'll tell her, "end tables... special home theater end tables... that weigh over 100# each.":oops::cool:

Well I have to go back to the shop. Now these babies are safe and secure. Word to FedEx Ground for not leaving them on the porch OR taking them back to the hub in Windsor!
Women love subwoofers. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Women love subwoofers. :)
Ya, and they also love day passes to premium spas, Bio-matts, shopping sprees at Macy's/Nordstrums/etc... and having the blls paid, dinner cooked for them, the kitchen cleaned after she uses it, the toilets cleaned, the lawn mowed, and a 6-figure paycheck.............
And I'm just a professional chef.
#sadtrombone

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Finally got them hooked up!
OMFG
Dual X-13s have turned my 1/2 story into a giant passive bass radiator. And only have them in sealed mode. Just hooked them up to make certain they work as its already been two weeks since they arrived.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis