B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
I'm really happy with the audio quality of my bedroom set up which I did this year. The heart of the system is a Yamaha WXA 50 networking amp that I picked up earlier this year. It does 55 watts into 8 ohms and 105 into 4. With music cast and airplay and a usb drive, I can access all my local content plus anything I want off the 'net (I mainly listen to Amazon music which streams via airplay with an IOS device). I also connected a chromecast dongle via the optical input so that i can cast from chrome or android devices. The app for this is great and it is as easy as pie to link with other music cast systems. I really, really like this little amp.

This is my system (cables are whatever I got cheap from monoprice):

Yamaha WXA 50 networking amp
PSB Imagine B speakers
Energy ESW M8 sub

Here is a link to the WXA 50: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/wireless_streaming_amplifiers/wxa-50_u/features.html#product-tabs

I picked up the bookshelf from World Market. It is very solid. I'm using aurelax pads with the speakers. I don't know if they are doing any good but what the heck. I figure sometimes you just have to tweak the placebos to dial in the sound quality. :)

Oh yeah, I have the Harry Potter books as well as the Narnia books and the Lord of the Rings on my bookshelf along with a batmobile and Dr. Who sonic screwdriver on top of the bookshelf. I figure you can never have too many toys in your bedroom . . .

2.1LowShot.jpg

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm really happy with the audio quality of my bedroom set up which I did this year. The heart of the system is a Yamaha WXA 50 networking amp that I picked up earlier this year. It does 55 watts into 8 ohms and 105 into 4. With music cast and airplay and a usb drive, I can access all my local content plus anything I want off the 'net (I mainly listen to Amazon music which streams via airplay with an IOS device). I also connected a chromecast dongle via the optical input so that i can cast from chrome or android devices. The app for this is great and it is as easy as pie to link with other music cast systems. I really, really like this little amp.

This is my system (cables are whatever I got cheap from monoprice):

Yamaha WXA 50 networking amp
PSB Imagine B speakers
Energy ESW M8 sub

Here is a link to the WXA 50: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/wireless_streaming_amplifiers/wxa-50_u/features.html#product-tabs

I picked up the bookshelf from World Market. It is very solid. I'm using aurelax pads with the speakers. I don't know if they are doing any good but what the heck. I figure sometimes you just have to tweak the placebos to dial in the sound quality. :)

Oh yeah, I have the Harry Potter books as well as the Narnia books and the Lord of the Rings on my bookshelf along with a batmobile and Dr. Who sonic screwdriver on top of the bookshelf. I figure you can never have too many toys in your bedroom . . .

View attachment 26454
You have a friggin Dr Who sonic screwdriver? You sir are a lucky man! DINOSAURS!!! ON A SPACE SHIP!!! :) Nice setup

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
You have a friggin Dr Who sonic screwdriver? You sir are a lucky man! DINOSAURS!!! ON A SPACE SHIP!!! :) Nice setup
Well that sonic screwdriver is the key to calibrating the SQ of my music system, :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I figure you can never have too many toys in your bedroom . . .
Dude a Dr Who sonic screwdriver would take any sound system to a whole nother level! :)
Speaking of toys in the bedroom, my girlfriend has a "sonic screwdriver" and it definitely takes her to a whole nother level!
I'll have to check to see if it is the Dr. Who model! I'm thinking her's might be Dr. Oooohhh!:)

Last edited:
B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Speaking of toys in the bedroom, my girlfriend has a "sonic screwdriver" and it definitely takes her to a whole nother level!
I'll have to check to see if it is the Dr. Who model! I'm thinking her's might be Dr. Oooohhh!
What the heck. I may have to talk to my GF. It seems like I have it all wrong about what the sonic screwdriver is supposed to be used for. And I thought it was just about tweaking the SQ.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I could tell you a really great story about my wifes "sonic screwdriver" that electrocuted her, but this is a family place lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis