The bands that influenced my music

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Can anyone really blame CDBaby for not trusting Europeans tho? :cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't upload the video... CdBaby did it for me. I guess they blocked it in your country.
No, I'm here in the US, Killdozzer is in Croatia. Question, though, there's no actual video, just a static picture with the music recording....or am I being restricted in this sense? Even watching on youtube didn't change that...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can... they're not nice people in general. I never cared for them.
You sure look european to me. Don't see the difference much myself between the Europeans who came to this side of the pond vs those that are still on the other side.....

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
You sure look european to me. Don't see the difference much myself between the Europeans who came to this side of the pond vs those that are still on the other side.....
Well, I'm not European, @lovinthehd . I'm about to release a more rock sounding single soon.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
From your photos I'm pretty sure you're of european ancestry...which is what I was referring to.
I am indeed of European ancestry.... what country do you think my ancestors came from?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am indeed of European ancestry.... what country do you think my ancestors came from?
LOL hard to know from a face. When my sister got a dna test we learned more from that than our not very clear family history....about 33% each of French/German and British/Irish with a broad mix of less detailed european ancestry across the continent....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
LOL hard to know from a face. When my sister got a dna test we learned more from that than our not very clear family history....about 33% each of French/German and British/Irish with a broad mix of less detailed european ancestry across the continent....
I'm trying to figure out how both sides of my tree were almost exclusively German and Irish. My mothers father always held regional family gatherings every 3 or 4 years and I remember the majority being German and it was still tough for German Americans after WW2 even though they fought against.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
I agree. I think I'm mostly British/Irish, with some Norwegian and German mixed in. I just got into some controversy with some guy on @Drunkpenguin 's headphones for a 19 year old forum, I didn't see that he had an $100 price limit, so I suggested Bose QuietComfort, which IMO, are incredible headphones. The he disagrees with me and says Bose are junk, and starts controversy about me. I calmly respond that I'm not trying to stir controversy, I was only trying to make a suggestion. I didn't notice that he had an $100 price limit, so I chose accordingly. Then I told him I have no clue where he got the notion that Bose are crap, so on, so on. Enough said, Kaa! I don't like stirring controversy. It's enough trouble trying to get a definitive response to someone in a kind, easy going manner.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm trying to figure out how both sides of my tree were almost exclusively German and Irish. My mothers father always held regional family gatherings every 3 or 4 years and I remember the majority being German and it was still tough for German Americans after WW2 even though they fought against.
LOL we grew up with the understanding that on my father's side we were bastard members of the House of Orange and Dutch accordingly, turns out his side was mostly Irish as far as we can tell. My mom's dad was more of German descent, also fought Nazis (good people on both sides my ass!...sorry, can't resist). Did anyone go for an ancestry dna test?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree. I think I'm mostly British/Irish, with some Norwegian and German mixed in. I just got into some controversy with some guy on @Drunkpenguin 's headphones for a 19 year old forum, I didn't see that he had an $100 price limit, so I suggested Bose QuietComfort, which IMO, are incredible headphones. The he disagrees with me and says Bose are junk, and starts controversy about me. I calmly respond that I'm not trying to stir controversy, I was only trying to make a suggestion. I didn't notice that he had an $100 price limit, so I chose accordingly. Then I told him I have no clue where he got the notion that Bose are crap, so on, so on. Enough said, Kaa! I don't like stirring controversy. It's enough trouble trying to get a definitive response to someone in a kind, easy going manner.
Bose will always get an argument going on an audio board it seems. Atho they do make nice noise cancelling headphones. Their speakers tend to be not so good and their electronics have funky connections and don't play well with others sometimes. Not crazy about their corporate culture myself. Did you know they used to sue those that tried to objectively test and publish results?

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Bose will always get an argument going on an audio board it seems. Atho they do make nice noise cancelling headphones. Their speakers tend to be not so good and their electronics have funky connections and don't play well with others sometimes. Not crazy about their corporate culture myself. Did you know they used to sue those that tried to objectively test and publish results?
No I did not! That's not good! I understand why he was making a big deal about it now.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Coming from avsforum we were all taught at an early age to avoid bose like they plague. They trash bose big time. In their defense I've never owned any bose products and don't know anything about them really, but I am not a fan now by association. If you like the head phones tho who cares what anyone else thinks? Theyre your head phones.

But I know what you mean, I recently wandered into a wine forum to get advice on buying vintage wine for the first time. I wanted to buy a 40 year old bottle to give my wife on her 40th birthday. I mentioned in my post that my wife most loves white zin (which is 99.9% of all women) and people attacked me fiercely saying things like your wife is not a connoisseur of wine if she likes the crap, bla bla bla.
So I deleted my account and went out on my own. I found a bottle and gave it to her this weekend and she loved the gift. Like seriously loves it. Havent opened it yet, I'm dying to know what really old wine tastes like tho.

And to all the people at wineberserkers.com, F OFF B!TCHES LOL!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Coming from avsforum we were all taught at an early age to avoid bose like they plague. They trash bose big time. In their defense I've never owned any bose products and don't know anything about them really, but I am not a fan now by association. If you like the head phones tho who cares what anyone else thinks? Theyre your head phones.

But I know what you mean, I recently wandered into a wine forum to get advice on buying vintage wine for the first time. I wanted to buy a 40 year old bottle to give my wife on her 40th birthday. I mentioned in my post that my wife most loves white zin (which is 99.9% of all women) and people attacked me fiercely saying things like your wife is not a connoisseur of wine if she likes the crap, bla bla bla.
So I deleted my account and went out on my own. I found a bottle and gave it to her this weekend and she loved the gift. Like seriously loves it. Havent opened it yet, I'm dying to know what really old wine tastes like tho.

And to all the people at wineberserkers.com, F OFF B!TCHES LOL!
Wine is where the audiophools get a lot of terminology from :). The little I know about wine (beer & scotch are my favs), is that white doesn't age particularly well but maybe the zinfandel aspect changes that? I did buy an early edition of Bose Acoustimass (two small pivoting sats of two small enclosures each for L/R and a bass module) because a buddy was getting a good deal (he was outfitting his FILs bar/club with one of their pro systems)....lasted about two weeks before I decided it had to go, sold it to another friend who still uses it to this day (and his wife is a fan of Bose so it all works out).

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
LOL we grew up with the understanding that on my father's side we were bastard members of the House of Orange and Dutch accordingly, turns out his side was mostly Irish as far as we can tell. My mom's dad was more of German descent, also fought Nazis (good people on both sides my ass!...sorry, can't resist). Did anyone go for an ancestry dna test?
My moms sister and niece did the test a few years ago and my dads family has documentation going back to the early 1800s. Never thought much about heritage when I was young but its pretty interesting now that I can appreciate it more.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I also knew that whitenzin did not age. I bought red wine and was looking for red wine, but thought that added info of her liking white could help steer me in the right direction. But if nothin else it gave me a fun story. She loved hearimg about my clash with the wine snobs, or as i call them closet alcoholics.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
My moms sister and niece did the test a few years ago and my dads family has documentation going back to the early 1800s. Never thought much about heritage when I was young but its pretty interesting now that I can appreciate it more.
Hey guys, here's another folksy tune I prereleased before my debut album (ya'll probably heard my original 2016 version,) but this was recorded on October 6, 2018, my dad's 59th birthday. :)
Thanks,
Ryan

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis