What's your favorite Beatles album?

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Hi guys,
This thread is for all you Beatles fans. What's your favorite Beatles album? Post your favorite and the reason(s) why it's your favorite. Mine is Rubber Soul for it's folksy tunes, great production, and good harmonies by each of the members. It's not overproduced like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in my opinion, but Sgt. Pepper is still a masterpiece.
Thanks,
Ryan

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good question. Probably The Beatles (the white album) for me, I was your age when that came out and bought it and was my first Beatles album (still have that one too), altho I had several 45s before that. Rubber Soul would be a close second, tho.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Good question. Probably The Beatles (the white album) for me, I was your age when that came out and bought it and was my first Beatles album (still have that one too), altho I had several 45s before that. Rubber Soul would be a close second, tho.
The White Album is indeed very good, you have to admit. Good answer @lovinthehd !

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Elvis In Memphis, OH wait no you said the fab four for me Rubber Soul. Artistically Sgt. Pepper.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I've always liked Lennons post beatles stuff personally. I can listen to Imagine any time and still feel something from it.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
In November a 50th Anniversary release of The Beatles (White Album) !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah the white album was probably the best but I kind of liked Abbey Road that's when I started listening to the Beatles. But their old stuff pretty much defined them.
Dave

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Just my opinion but the white album (officially The Beatles) suffers from the loss of Brian Epstein. Without his direction to cull the weaker tunes it wound up as a too long double album where as a single album of the best stuff it would have been incredible. I generally prefer the middle period especially Revolver but also Rubber Soul and Yesterday and Today nearly as much. Of course they never made a bad record only some a little less great.
My favorite song however is from the early period "I Feel Fine" hit number one in Oct of 64. The first recorded use of deliberate feedback ever though lots were experimenting with it then. George's guitar lick is great even though it's a Lennon tune.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Abbey Road

By far my favorite.

After that it's a probably Sgt. Pepper followed almost too close by Rubber Soul. Depends on the mood I'm in. White Album is great, but it always seemed a little incongruent to me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis