Best and cheap 5.1 setup for $1.6K - Elac F6.2 Debut 2.0 5.1?

J

john20182050

Audioholic
This is for my friend. Who is looking for best and cheap 5.1 setup for $1.5K. Based on several posts and reviews and current prices, I see the following seems to be close to that budget. Are there anything else better currently with sale price/deals around $1.5K? The below one cost $1650+tax. Trying to see if I can reduce $200 to $400 and still get almost similar sound quality 5.1 setup including receiver cost. Any better deals for labour day?

https://www.amazon.com/Elac-Theater-RX-V685BL-7-2-Channel-Receiver/dp/B07DFLG8NW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535664755&sr=8-3&keywords=elac+debut+2.0+5.1
$1650+tax
  • (1) Yamaha RX-V685BL 7.2-Ch 4K Network AV Receiver
  • (1) Pair of Elac F6.2 Debut 2.0 Floorstanding Speakers
  • (1) Pair of Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 Bookshelf Speakers
  • (1) Elac Debut 2.0 C6.2 Center Channel Speaker
  • (1) Elac Debut Sub3010 Powered Subwoofer

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bostons are actually pretty nice. For a budget system, I'd skip towers (either boston or the Elacs), go with bookshelf speakers and put the difference toward a better sub. Sub in most packaged systems tends to be a waste of time.

You could probably put together a good setup in that range at www.ascendacoustics.com

Packaged system, CBM170SE mains, CMT340 center, HTM200 surrounds came in at ~$800. Then fill in with a budget sub (HSU VTF-1 or VTF-2) and AVR from AC4L in Afterlife2's post and you're good.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah I would go with Boston A26 (4 times) bookshelf + center + avr and look at some good budget subs, but since he mentioned towers that's why I posted it. JG mentioned some good stuff as well.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Bostons are actually pretty nice. For a budget system, I'd skip towers (either boston or the Elacs), go with bookshelf speakers and put the difference toward a better sub. Sub in most packaged systems tends to be a waste of time.

You could probably put together a good setup in that range at www.ascendacoustics.com

Packaged system, CBM170SE mains, CMT340 center, HTM200 surrounds came in at ~$800. Then fill in with a budget sub (HSU VTF-1 or VTF-2) and AVR from AC4L in Afterlife2's post and you're good.
Ya if you can work a HSU VTF2 into the budget, that’s going to be a nice system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis