Need multiple advice and recommendations on Speakers

blaze2051

blaze2051

Audiophyte
I been reading alot about speakers and reviews on speakers and some of the ones im interested are discontinued or out of my price range. I do understand that best way is to audition the speakers but i dont have the time so, I narrowed the list to see if people can share personal experiences with these speakers or know of people who have and they can chime in, thank you in advance.

current set up

rx-a770
L/R polk monitor 30
C - polk CS2
SL/SR - polk 100tsi
SUB/ dayton 1200
front cross over at 90hz
amazon 16 gauge wire
non bi amp/speaker connection using standard terminal stock bracket be hide the speaker

70% music and 30% movies
I like to play music loud between -10 to -15db
I listen in 2.1 configuration usually
room is 12x10 and i set 6-8 from the front speakers

Im looking for something that will make me go wow and have chills when hearing music, I do like bass but i have a subwoofer for that, and I use FLAC and hi bit rate MP3, M4A, MP4.
Currently chasing full, rich, clarity, crisp but not fatiguing sound, and loud.

fronts and center

Wave Crest Audio HVL-1
ascend CBM-170 SE
CHANE A1RX-C/CHANE A1.4
polk rtia-4
Rsl-CG3/CG23 & CG4/CG24

In case I can find a good price

JBL studio 530
JBL s38

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
What is your price range if you don't mind me asking? It will better aid in decisions.

Welcome by the way! :cool:

blaze2051

blaze2051

Audiophyte
What is your price range if you don't mind me asking? It will better aid in decisions.

Welcome by the way! :cool:
Thanks, glad to be here,

for the budget I would have to say $500 would be my limit, because im certain even budget speakers can and will sound better than polks id hope to find

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I been reading alot about speakers and reviews on speakers and some of the ones im interested are discontinued or out of my price range. I do understand that best way is to audition the speakers but i dont have the time so, I narrowed the list to see if people can share personal experiences with these speakers or know of people who have and they can chime in, thank you in advance.

current set up

rx-a770
L/R polk monitor 30
C - polk CS2
SL/SR - polk 100tsi
SUB/ dayton 1200
front cross over at 90hz
amazon 16 gauge wire
non bi amp/speaker connection using standard terminal stock bracket be hide the speaker

70% music and 30% movies

Im looking for something that will make me go wow and have chills when hearing music, I do like bass but i have a subwoofer for that, and I use FLAC and hi bit rate MP3, M4A, MP4.

fronts and center

Wave Crest Audio HVL-1
ascend CBM-170 SE
CHANE A1RX-C/CHANE A1.4
polk rtia-4
Rsl-CG3/CG23 & CG4/CG24

JBL studio 530
JBL s38
I know you said $500 but there are other Canton speakers like the ones recommended above by Zieglj01 that come in under that.

I love my new Canton Vento 820.2 speakers from Accessories for Less ($720) with my Yamaha a770. I have a Rythmik L12 sub so this is 2.1 This room is my bedroom and it is about 1400 cu ft. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
blaze2051

blaze2051

Audiophyte
I been eyeing the chanes a2.4 and the rbh 515, i only have a rx-a770 would that be enough for either one? which one tho ?

TechHDS

Audioholic General

current set up

rx-a770
L/R polk monitor 30
C - polk CS2
SL/SR - polk 100tsi
SUB/ dayton 1200
front cross over at 90hz
amazon 16 gauge wire

70% music and 30% movies

fronts and center

Wave Crest Audio HVL-1
ascend CBM-170 SE
CHANE A1RX-C/CHANE A1.4
polk rtia-4
Rsl-CG3/CG23 & CG4/CG24

JBL studio 530
JBL s38[/QUOTE
Very good speaker recommendations on your Thread, the link that “loveinthehd” posted up is a good one, I 2nd his suggestion checking it out.

Mike

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I been eyeing the chanes a2.4 and the rbh 515, i only have a rx-a770 would that be enough for either one? which one tho ?
Well, the key there is speaker sensitivity (usually dB/V/m) and distance. Using these SPL calculators, you can see roughly how much power you need.

For example, if you had the $50,000 RBH 8T speakers, which is 93dB/V/m, and you sit 6FT away, you would only need 4 Watts to produce a volume of 100dB.

Now the RBH R515 isn't quite like the 8T, but the sensitivity is 87dB/V/m, so even 15 Watts will produce a volume of 100dB.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have owned the Chane A2.4's across the front and the Ascend 340 SE's across the front. Of the two, I preferred the Chane A2.4's. Have not heard the RBH 515, but you would be hard pressed going wrong w/any of these mentioned. The Chane A2.4's and the Ascend 340 SE's are both very neutral, but I found the 340 SE's to be a bit too clinical for my tastes. Thus, the A2.4's just sounded more natural and pleasing to my ears. Both were very non-fatiguing. The Chane A1.4's w/the A2.4 center would be rather impressive to say the least and would work well w/your Yammie.:)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis