quality portable speaker with memory card ?

M

mee tuu

Enthusiast
Are there any quality portable speakers that have a built in memory or SD card slot so you can load your music on the device ?

Most speakers are bluetooth capable but who wants to lose battery charge and memory on your phone ?

I have a great IPod but most portable speakers dont connect with them either ...

Any suggestions ?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Are there any quality portable speakers that have a built in memory or SD card slot so you can load your music on the device ?

Most speakers are bluetooth capable but who wants to lose battery charge and memory on your phone ?

I have a great IPod but most portable speakers dont connect with them either ...

Any suggestions ?
It takes a while to run a battery down playing music, in fact the speaker would probably be drained before a phone. As for memory on the phone, that shouldn't be an issue with any newer phones, especially if they have sd card slot.

M

mee tuu

Enthusiast
It takes a while to run a battery down playing music, in fact the speaker would probably be drained before a phone. As for memory on the phone, that shouldn't be an issue with any newer phones, especially if they have sd card slot.
Thanks but I don’t want to play music from my phone.
If I am walking around the house I don’t want the connection dropping out .
I don’t want to leave my phone close to the speaker in case I miss calls.
If I am having a party I also don’t want to leave my phone close to the speaker in case it gets stolen.

“I don’t want to play music from my phone”

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks but I don’t want to play music from my phone.
If I am walking around the house I don’t want the connection dropping out .
I don’t want to leave my phone close to the speaker in case I miss calls.
If I am having a party I also don’t want to leave my phone close to the speaker in case it gets stolen.

“I don’t want to play music from my phone”
I'm really not sure what's your trying to do with a portable speaker. I can search Google, just like you, but typically most small ones are bluetooth fwiw.
https://www.google.com/search?q=portable+speaker+with+sd+card+slot&oq=portablespeaker+with+sd&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.12455j0j4&client=ms-android-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

M

mee tuu

Enthusiast
What I want to do with a portable speaker is ...play music

At home.

While out camping .

At a picnic.

Music.

Digital music.

If a portable speaker DID have onboard memory it would also need a screen to allow song menus to display and enable scrolling and playlist memories

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What I want to do with a portable speaker is ...play music

At home.

While out camping .

At a picnic.

Music.

Digital music.

If a portable speaker DID have onboard memory it would also need a screen to allow song menus to display and enable scrolling and playlist memories
It keeps going back to bluetooth, which is the best option for away from the house. At home you can use a tablet or laptop if it's more convenient. When I get free time I guess I can search the web for ya.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall

Any suggestions ?
I suggest the JBL Charge 3. You can connect your iPad to the speaker and speaker will charge the iPad. Wireless, the speaker with output at full power runs for about 3 hours. You can also operate on AC connection. I have one and I use it nightly out on my patio with iTunes from iPhone. It's awesome.

M

mee tuu

Enthusiast
thankyou

The second option does have an SD card slot however the size and sound quality isnt quite there

If it had the sound quality of say a JBL charge 3 i would be super happy.... but no.

The only speakers i found through googling were small enough to be great in the shower but not party friendly

M

mee tuu

Enthusiast
I suggest the JBL Charge 3. You can connect your iPad to the speaker and speaker will charge the iPad. Wireless, the speaker with output at full power runs for about 3 hours. You can also operate on AC connection. I have one and I use it nightly out on my patio with iTunes from iPhone. It's awesome.
i like the sound quality from the JBL charge 3 and extreme 2 however i dont want to play music loaded on my phone.
What has occurred to me is maybe connecting my Ipod with a cable from the headphone jack to the Aux 3.5mm input plug if that works ?

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
i like the sound quality from the JBL charge 3 and extreme 2 however i dont want to play music loaded on my phone.
What has occurred to me is maybe connecting my Ipod with a cable from the headphone jack to the Aux 3.5mm input plug if that works ?
You can connect your iPod to the Charge which will keep the iPod charged; but, running on wireless Bluetooth each device will run over three hours at full power. The Charge 3 is the way to go for camping.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
iPod worth $80
Phone used for business worth $900 , content worth $100,000

Caveman say ugg buggaboo

Learn to read and understand the question Kwit ?
You have 100k in content.? That’s an impressive feat for sure. Apple must love you. Btw I read fine and for future reference it would help if your questions were posted so members can fully understand them. You wanted one with SD slot, never mentioned other considerations. We are hear to help, but you have to help us help you.

This is a post you made last year, and was much better

Hi people

Sorry for the really basic question at the bottom end of what most of you do.

I am trying to pick a good wireless speaker to run IPod , IPhone , android devices and take RCA or headphone jack from a HD Tv .... for under $500.

I live in an apartment so my neighbours don’t need 200 Watts ....

So far I looked at ;

Klipsch The Three , connection functionality is there and good reviews

Harmon Kardon Aura - no RCA but good reviews for sound quality- maybe a bit dated ?

Anything else I should look at ?

Thank you folks

1531664914679.gif

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
thankyou

The second option does have an SD card slot however the size and sound quality isnt quite there

If it had the sound quality of say a JBL charge 3 i would be super happy.... but no.

The only speakers i found through googling were small enough to be great in the shower but not party friendly
If you want PARTY friendly speakers which you could play from your ipod output this is what I'd suggest.
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-STAGEPAS-400I-Portable-System/dp/B00B78SZJ2
I've heard these many times and they are very high quality speakers and they don't require any additional parts (except cables)

M

mee tuu

Enthusiast
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
They look superb , have good reviews and could work great in the shared condo , or even its updated version the 400BT
Glad you like them. just to be 100% clear - these are POWERED speakers. You will need to connect electrical power from the wall outlet to each.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis