Ha ha I got banned from AVS!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I got banned from AVS and I don't care. They are most sensitive jerks I have ever seen. All I did was say in the OLED thread that I'd be all in on OLED when a 65 inch drops in a sale to around 1,500 bucks. Then I got an infraction for talking price. Then I complained that I got an infraction and they banned me. They are too funny and a lot other expletives I can't say here. They do like to play God.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I got banned from AVS and I don't care. They are most sensitive jerks I have ever seen. All I did was say in the OLED thread that I'd be all in on OLED when a 65 inch drops in a sale to around 1,500 bucks. Then I got an infraction for talking price. Then I complained that I got an infraction and they banned me. They are too funny and a lot other expletives I can't say here. They do like to play God.

I need my SAFE SPACE … And my comfort honey badger .. I have been OFFENDED .. Wheres my coloring book ??

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I need my SAFE SPACE … And my comfort honey badger .. I have been OFFENDED .. Wheres my coloring book ??
Adult coloring books is the single most ridiculous thing about current generation... Now, Get away from my lawn! Shoo away!!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
They are too funny. F-them. I can get back on in 5 minutes but I don't even want to.

Matt34

Matt34

Ever since they "lost" my account I've had there since 2003 when they did their big server update, I haven't visited much.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

Sadly they are the largest and most widely used forum for audio gear, despite their horrific advertising system. Audioholics is so much better. Way easier to use and much cleaner interface. Also the users on average here are much better informed overall, so the discussion here tends to be more intelligent. I prefer it this way; AVS has quantity but Audioholics has quality.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Sadly they are the largest and most widely used forum for audio gear, despite their horrific advertising system. Audioholics is so much better. Way easier to use and much cleaner interface. Also the users on average here are much better informed overall, so the discussion here tends to be more intelligent. I prefer it this way; AVS has quantity but Audioholics has quality.
Yes, I always said that. More traffic on AVS but better informed people here and better answers to questions here. Quality is much better here.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I've always liked the people over there, but yes, they have ultra-sensitive moderators.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Wow, that they even consider that a "price" kind of amazes me. It's just an amount in a comment.

A price would be:

"Super deal on Onkyo TX-RZ1100, $999!"

That's a price!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, that they even consider that a "price" kind of amazes me. It's just an amount in a comment.

A price would be:

"Super deal on Onkyo TX-RZ1100, $999!"

That's a price!
Exactly what I argued. I said I didn't mention a killer deal, or a retailer. All I said was when OLED 65 inch drops in a black Friday or end of model year sale. That's it and they gave me an infraction and then I complained and then I was banned.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Pretty dang asinine to ban posting about price! What is the logic behind that????

I mean, getting a good price is a huge component of internet usage!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
They do operate a storefront and have Amazon link integration so I guess they don't want competition taking away their sales: https://avscience.com/
Good point. In that case, yeah I suppose this is an understandable policy. But, they should at least disclose that this is why they have the no-price discussion policy.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Good point. In that case, yeah I suppose this is an understandable policy. But, they should at least disclose that this is why they have the no-price discussion policy.
But I didn't mention a retailer. I didn't talk about a killer price or deal on any website. There is no justifying these A-Holes. I will not go back on that website again.

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
I recently received an "infraction" notice for stating I got a free device when I bought my new 4K dvd player...meh...didn't care but I do enjoy the forum so no big deal.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I haven't hit AVS since they were sold as it changed in its' tenor and feel.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Explicit price discussion I could maybe understand. But saying you are waiting for a general class of tech to hit a certain price point is asinine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis