Ha ha I got banned from AVS!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Explicit price discussion I could maybe understand. But saying you are waiting for a general class of tech to hit a certain price point is asinine.
Exactly, thanks you. That's all I was doing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
There is a lot of good info on the forum, but it's just too much sometimes. Having to dig though 1000+ posts to find stuff sucks. I'm talking about the owner's thread posts more than anything.

I think my account was "lost" as well. Haven't been able to log in for a long time.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have to clarify now. I just tried to login and it says only banned till 6/7. I thought it was for good. They still such and there are too many dumb rules and mods that think they are God.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I know that AVS is very picky about the "Classifieds" sections. Got a couple of warnings myself. Find some of the rules to be a tad bit tedious. Other than that, I have not had any other major issues. But, I mainly hang out on the Speaker forum.

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I know that AVS is very picky about the "Classifieds" sections. Got a couple of warnings myself. Find some of the rules to be a tad bit tedious. Other than that, I have not had any other major issues. But, I mainly hang out on the Speaker forum.

Cheers,

Phil
Would you mind offering up some examples of the concerns with the classifieds? I may end up selling some gear somewhere along the way, and honestly I'm really not into wading through bylaws to find out exactly where the lines are drawn!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Would you mind offering up some examples of the concerns with the classifieds? I may end up selling some gear somewhere along the way, and honestly I'm really not into wading through bylaws to find out exactly where the lines are drawn!
I got infractions for listing the same piece of great twice. Meaning months went by and I listed the same thing again. I'm not sure but I don't think you can even bump a classified post.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I got flagged for editing my ad albeit lowering the price. The 1st time that I did that I just lowered the price via a separate post. That is a BIG no no over there. Hence, you must change pricing by editing the original post. You can bump your thread after 30 days after the original post. Then, every 30-days after that. Unfortunately, I did not follow the rules very well and got flagged on (2) different occasions. Been a good while since I posted in the Classifieds. So, my memory may be a little foggy. ;););)

Cheers,

Phil

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I got flagged for editing my ad albeit lowering the price. The 1st time that I did that I just lowered the price via a separate post. That is a BIG no no over there. Hence, you must change pricing by editing the original post. You can bump your thread after 30 days after the original post. Then, every 30-days after that. Unfortunately, I did not follow the rules very well and got flagged on (2) different occasions. Been a good while since I posted in the Classifieds. So, my memory may be a little foggy. ;););)

Cheers,

Phil
Yes I got those infractions too. That place sucks.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I would suggest that you use eBay for selling your stuff. I have had a good experience with them and I sold several used speaker drivers and some electronic gear over a period of over 10 years. As a buyer and as a seller as well, you are rather well protected against fraud if you insist on paying or getting paid using a PayPal account.

Cheers,

André

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Oh you also get infractions for this one. Get this one. You're in your favorite speaker owners thread and someone says I'm looking for certain speaker in that line. If you respond hey I have one just laying around collecting dust, that is an infraction for selling outside of the classified forum. Now how ridiculous is that? You didn't discuss price, location or anything. Just that you had one you're not currently using.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Yes I got those infractions too. That place sucks.

@Hetfield, like ADTG said their lost bro, I have a profile there but haven’t been on that site in a long time. Audioholics site “Genes” website hands down the very best on the net. You want accurate unbiased opinions on gear or selection there isn’t any other site I would trust. The guys who have been on this Forum for so many years are about as good as you can get.

Mike

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt, be sure to use audiomart. Have had very good luck there and it is free. The guys over on the Polk forums are also very helpful. But, AVS is very strict on their policies and readily enforce them. If anyone complains about your ad there you can almost be certain to get flagged. Just saying........

Cheers,

Phil

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Kurt, be sure to use audiomart. Have had very good luck there and it is free. The guys over on the Polk forums are also very helpful. But, AVS is very strict on their policies and readily enforce them. If anyone complains about your ad there you can almost be certain to get flagged. Just saying........

Cheers,

Phil
Phil,

Okay, Audiomart is free but there is an advantage with eBay as most members are protected by using PayPal. eBay also has well defined policy and rules.
If it is the situation is the same as in Canada, a lot of Audiomart members wouldn't have a PayPal account. It is somewhat then more complicated to get a full protection with your transactions as a seller. Both eBay and PayPal protect seller as well as buyer.
As you know, we get nothing for nothing.:)

Cheers,

André

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil,

Okay, Audiomart is free but there is an advantage with eBay as most members are protected by using PayPal. eBay also has well defined policy and rules.
If it is the situation is the same as in Canada, a lot of Audiomart members wouldn't have a PayPal account. It is somewhat then more complicated to get a full protection with your transactions as a seller. Both eBay and PayPal protect seller as well as buyer.
As you know, we get nothing for nothing.:)

Cheers,

André
Oh I wasn't hating on ebay at all. Have just had very good luck with audiomart. When I sell gear, I usually list mine on several sites and have always been able to upload them. Have bought plenty of stuff from ebay myself. But, I can say the same thing about audiomart. Paypal is very common among various classifies sections. In fact, I have bought from Kurt in the past via Paypal and/or Amazon. He has bought from me as well.

Cheers,

Phil

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I don't understand the hair trigger type of infraction thing at all. About a year ago, on a non-audio forum, I made a post that I didn't think was any big deal at all. Afterwards I sent it to my sister, and if anyone has a hair trigger, it's her, and even she didn't get what the big deal was. I was gone, period, the post was deleted, I was banned, and my emails to the mods were blocked. All I did was make a comment on a video about some police officers being busted for basically framing a guy who did nothing. My response was anti police, as were most others. Ironic, since I'm friends with 3 retired and one active officers. If the whole thing hadn't been recorded, the guy falsely arrested would have probably gone to prison for 10 years. I can't even post it as it's gone. But there was nothing offensive at all in it. No threats, bad language, etc. I laughed when I realized I had been booted, but my mails being blocked was just, IMHO, insane. Oh well, life goes on.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I forgot this was a audio/video forum. I don't get out of the Seam Vent much....:)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I got banned again! This time till 6/19 because I asked if Vizio has a black Friday sales. Can you F-ING imagine that? I did not discuss prices or a retailer sale or anything. Well that is it. When I get back in I'm deleting my profile. I can't take those assholes anymore.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I got banned again! This time till 6/19 because I asked if Vizio has a black Friday sales. Can you F-ING imagine that? I did not discuss prices or a retailer sale or anything. Well that is it. When I get back in I'm deleting my profile. I can't take those assholes anymore.

What is the point of deleting your profile? Is that to make it harder for you to get back on in a moment of boredom, lol?
AFAIK, my profile isn't good for much to AVS whether I'm posting or not!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What is the point of deleting your profile? Is that to make it harder for you to get back on in a moment of boredom, lol?
AFAIK, my profile isn't good for much to AVS whether I'm posting or not!
Deleting profile because I hate those mother fathers. They don't deserve anyones post. Delete and forget. F-THEM!

Last edited by a moderator:
DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
AVS gets a large portion of its income from advertisers. One important advertiser is Cleveland Plasma another is the previous owner of AVS -- now known as AVS Sales. These are the only people allowed to talk about discounted pricing. If AVS allowed folks to talk about discounted pricing, the advertisers would lose tons of revenue. It's their club and they can admit or throw out whomever they like. If you want to hang out there you have to abide by the rules and also realize that the AVS moderators can and will read your private messages, which aren't really private.

If this policy annoys you, then take your business elsewhere - like Audioholics.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis