Crown XLS 1502 amp Impression

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
WTF are you talking about ?? you truly are 'out-of-your-mind' !!

AcuTechDefGuy, I apologize for getting your thread so off center, let's all take a deep breath now and re-focus ...
I'm talking about your living room and your audiophile components and accessories, which of course is your business. But when your neighbor comes over and listens and then asks you why your cables are elevated off the floor and why your power amp weighs over 100 lbs and why your speaker cables are as thick as garden hoses and you proudly reply, "Because everything sounds better that way." And then your neighbor looks at you and silently thinks you're out of your mind. He's right.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do wonder if out-of-phase has hung out enough in the forum to understand who's who and what the general attitude here is....he's as quick to jump as the late Arny in some ways...

TechHDS

Audioholic General
BTW, did you notice the ratings under our names? It shows how many Positive/Neutral/Negative Ratings we have.

Damn, I have over 5,600 Positive Ratings! o_Oo_Oo_O
SWEET!, You have been on this Forum a long time bro. You and some of the other old timers really deserve the positive rating. As you know I don't kiss A $$. I just got out the Stockade. We'll only Wimmens. ADGT, I ran cross this site this morning and has Martin Logan 60s 40's 20's on sale! half price! on All of them! I'm pissed! :mad: my funds won't be in till OCT!. PS, New not B stock.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Man! "Closet" Next time I see you I'm going to punch you out! :p. I came out the "Closet" long time ago! I like, no I love Women! You know about me and (wife) Hookers! ;) You just give away me being a real Pimp! :eek:. Oh wait, my bad..amp still sits in the audio rack just not cabled in and unplugged. Sorry ADTG, You know how I take sentences out of context. :)
Your EMO looks like a Pimp amp. :eek:

So does my Crown amp, but at least I can turn off those blue Pimp lights. :eek: o_O

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I do wonder if out-of-phase has hung out enough in the forum to understand who's who and what the general attitude here is....he's as quick to jump as the late Arny in some ways...
I'm not as experienced as the late Mr. Krueger was, but he did teach me a lot over the years and he also challenged me whenever he could. When it comes to audio component evaluations, he made me a better person. Thank you Arny. You will be missed.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
SWEET!, You have been on this Forum a long time bro. You and some of the other old timers really deserve the positive rating. As you know I don't kiss A $$. I just got out the Stockade. We'll only Wimmens. ADGT, I ran cross this site this morning and has Martin Logan 60s 40's 20's on sale! half price! on All of them! I'm pissed! :mad: my funds won't be in till OCT!. PS, New not B stock.
Those websites are usually (like 100%) unauthorized. LOL. o_O

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Those websites are usually (like 100%) unauthorized. LOL. o_O
For those prices I'll for go to warranty. As much as I have lost on poor gear choices I'll take the hit if a driver is defective with the money saved I'll be able to afford to buy replacements. wait, that doesn't make any sense. See I'm learning but Ooh so slow! lol.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For those prices I'll for go to warranty. As much as I have lost on poor gear choices I'll take the hit if a driver is defective with the money saved I'll be able to afford to buy replacements.
Well, always purchase goods with a great credit card - the kind that has your back in case of online bad purchases.

I love my Amazon Visa Credit Card. :cool:

I hate American Express CC. They don't seem to have by back like my Amazon Visa. o_O

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Well, always purchase goods with a great credit card - the kind that has your back in case of online bad purchases.

I love my Amazon Visa Credit Card. :cool:

I hate American Express CC. They don't seem to have by back like my Amazon Visa. o_O
ADGT, No I wouldn't buy a pair even at half off from unauthorised dealer. Just really was jacking, but still the 60's paired with a good 12" sub. But who knows in 4 months thing do happen fast in the audio/video world..I will go back on that site and post up the link to it, see what you guys think of that site.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
But do you really need the amp in addition to your avr? :)
Excellent point. The answer for my needs is, no. But my problem is collecting audio components and experimenting. I have more than one receiver (several) and I have separates as well. No, my Denon X4400H AVR does a great job on its own without adding any extra amplification. Thanks for asking.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent point. The answer for my needs is, no. But my problem is collecting audio components and experimenting. I have more than one receiver (several) and I have separates as well. No, my Denon X4400H AVR does a great job on its own without adding any extra amplification. Thanks for asking.
Just teasing. I have similar accumulation/gear :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Steering this thread back on track, I agree with Mr. AcuDefTechGuy, when listening to music with my Crown XLS 2502 Series 2 power amp, it sounds great.
Yeah, I absolutely have no reservations in using these Crown XLS Amps.

As mentioned by @PENG I have also used the Crown XLS 2500 (1st generation) with the B&W 802 D2. Also sounded great.

There is another "Mr. Robinson" (what a popular last name :)) on some online publication who also have used a Crown XLS (I think XLS 2000) amp with his B&W Diamond 800-series speakers and raved about the Crown amp.

So this opinion that these cost-effective Pro amps sound great is actually very old news.

What's new are the cool features like Input Sensitivity options, Display and Lighting options, Gain Level options (old feature) that $30,000 amps and other audiophile amps don't even give you! LOL. :D:D

That's kind of funny to me - cost-effective amps having more options and features than amps costing 10 - 100 x more!

But once again and again and again, would somebody please just put these pro amps inside relatively inexpensive cases like the Outlaw mono-block or many HTPC cases that cost $75!

I mean really, if these pro amps actually LOOK like audiophile amps (please no Emotiva cheese!:p),would we have this much resistance from the home-audio community?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I absolutely have no reservations in using these Crown XLS Amps.

As mentioned by @PENG I have also used the Crown XLS 2500 (1st generation) with the B&W 802 D2. Also sounded great.

There is another "Mr. Robinson" (what a popular last name :)) on some online publication who also have used a Crown XLS (I think XLS 2000) amp with his B&W Diamond 800-series speakers and raved about the Crown amp.

So this opinion that these cost-effective Pro amps sound great is actually very old news.

What's new are the cool features like Input Sensitivity options, Display and Lighting options, Gain Level options (old feature) that $30,000 amps and other audiophile amps don't even give you! LOL. :D:D

That's kind of funny to me - cost-effective amps having more options and features than amps costing 10 - 100 x more!

But once again and again and again, would somebody please just put these pro amps inside relatively inexpensive cases like the Outlaw mono-block or many HTPC cases that cost $75!

I mean really, if these pro amps actually LOOK like audiophile amps (please no Emotiva cheese!), would we have this much resistance from the home-audio community?
Sounds like a good diy project to make an appropriate facade for aesthetic purposes. I just sort of hide my XLS1500s, but if they were black wouldn't even do that....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis