Floorstanding bluetooth speakers with remote!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The ad is not clear, is it for 1 or 2?
The final word in the description soecifies pair. I think the $500 price may be a special discount. Not sure what the normal street price discount is.

This is an interesting product, as it eliminates the need for an electronics console. That might garner enough WAF points to get these instead of lifestyle mini-sats.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Looks like a good deal. Amazon sells them for a lot more.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like a good deal. Amazon sells them for a lot more.
That was how I noticed them in the first place. It was one of those sites that specializes in pointing noteworthy deals on different items.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
This seems like a product whose time has come!

I don't know anything about the sound quality, but Klipsch now has one on the market:

https://www.adorama.com/kp1064478.html?sdtid=11275371&emailprice=t&utm_source=rflaid912524

Is Klipsch the only one so far?
Has anyone else started selling one?
i have the rp280s which i love.

wondering about the tweeter. is it the same one the rp series uses? rubber outing etc. or the one people complain about thats too bright? not sure from the description.

im very intrigued because im looking for a pair of speakers for tv in garage. but id need to buy an amp etc., but not with these.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Based on looks (and model number), the R-26PF appears to be the powered version of the R-26F.

I believe @yepimonfire has listened to the R-26F (or something from that series that uses the same horn/tweeter) so maybe he can comment on how the sound compares to the RP series.

I was just curious if anyone else has made an equivalent product. I guess not since no one has posted about any others.

Your inquiry led me to look at the specs and I was expecting them to be just bluetooth with an aux 1/8" mini plug, but it also has RCA (with a switch to toggle between phono and line input), Toslink, & USB; as well as a sub-out (which has a "bass management" option that applies a fixed 80Hz low pass filter to the sub out and a high pass filter to the speakers!).

These could only be sold in pairs, because only one speaker houses the amp/electronics. However teh 4 connector cable that runs from the "master" speaker to the "slave" speaker would indicate that it is a true active design (amp after crossover).

This is really a pretty well thought out product! Not perfect, but I was just expecting a full sized bluetooth speaker!

The best price I could find on the non-powered R-26F on Amazon was $600/pr. and Amazon has the R-26PF for $650/pr! It may be that the powered speakers are currently reduced as a promotional, but if that is regular pricing, you get a heck of a lot for the extra $50!
However, the $500 Adorama price makes the powered version $100 less than the non-powered - that is crazy.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Based on looks (and model number), the R-26PF appears to be the powered version of the R-26F.

I believe @yepimonfire has listened to the R-26F (or something from that series that uses the same horn/tweeter) so maybe he can comment on how the sound compares to the RP series.

I was just curious if anyone else has made an equivalent product. I guess not since no one has posted about any others.

Your inquiry led me to look at the specs and I was expecting them to be just bluetooth with an aux 1/8" mini plug, but it also has RCA (with a switch to toggle between phono and line input), Toslink, & USB; as well as a sub-out (which has a "bass management" option that applies a fixed 80Hz low pass filter to the sub out and a high pass filter to the speakers!).

These could only be sold in pairs, because only one speaker houses the amp/electronics. However teh 4 connector cable that runs from the "master" speaker to the "slave" speaker would indicate that it is a true active design (amp after crossover).

This is really a pretty well thought out product! Not perfect, but I was just expecting a full sized bluetooth speaker!

The best price I could find on the non-powered R-26F on Amazon was $600/pr. and Amazon has the R-26PF for $650/pr! It may be that the powered speakers are currently reduced as a promotional, but if that is regular pricing, you get a heck of a lot for the extra $50!
However, the $500 Adorama price makes the powered version $100 less than the non-powered - that is crazy.
The RP series is obviously more refined and detailed sounding, but I do own the R-15m which is from the same series, which I'd highly recommend. The major difference between the two series is the timbre of the aluminum vs the titanium tweeter, and the img woofer vs cerametallic. The img woofers start distorting with high enough spl whereas the cerametallic just seem to keep going until xmax is reached before distortion becomes apparent. The aluminum tweeter is a bit more laid back sounding than the titanium, and doesn't quite resolve the same amount of detail as the titanium. Both horns have very uniform dispersion.

For the price I don't think you'll find better speakers. They're relatively neutral sounding and don't do anything wrong or offensive. The distortion at high spl vs the rp series is a non issue unless you're attempting to fill a massive room with them, as they will still play louder than comparably sized speakers.

I didn't hear or measure any significant distortion until I surpassed 95dB @1m, and that was only below 80hz with the 5.25" woofer. The dual 6.5" woofers should be plenty.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Dynaudio has their XEO series, but they're not in the same price range. They use a hub which has several inputs or a piece called 'Connect', which has the same inputs but can use WiFi or Bluetooth. They have a couple of other boxes which act to connect more than one set of speakers (Extender) and assign them for control and another (called 'Link) that allows sending the signal to another system that wouldn't connect wirelessly.

The speakers are actively crossed over and internally amplified.

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/connect

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Dynaudio has their XEO series, but they're not in the same price range. They use a hub which has several inputs or a piece called 'Connect', which has the same inputs but can use WiFi or Bluetooth. They have a couple of other boxes which act to connect more than one set of speakers (Extender) and assign them for control and another (called 'Link) that allows sending the signal to another system that wouldn't connect wirelessly.

The speakers are actively crossed over and internally amplified.

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/connect
I like their slogan:
We provide the tech, you provide the music"

Are these exclusively "wireless" speakers and any connections are at the hub which then streams their output to the speakers? IOW, are there inputs on the backs of the speakers?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I like their slogan:
We provide the tech, you provide the music"

Are these exclusively "wireless" speakers and any connections are at the hub which then streams their output to the speakers? IOW, are there inputs on the backs of the speakers?
Being active, I doubt it.- they're meant to be placed anywhere.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis