$50 off $150 @ Monoprice

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Seems like it would be great for buying one of their new subs. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Monolith speakers are very nicely priced at the moment: $300/pair for the K-BAS, $340/ pair for the Air Motions, and $250 for the Air Motion center. That price for the K-BAS is really a steal considering the performance.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
The Monolith speakers are very nicely priced at the moment: $300/pair for the K-BAS, $340/ pair for the Air Motions, and $250 for the Air Motion center. That price for the K-BAS is really a steal considering the performance.
how would you say those kbas speakers compare to the dennis murphy affordable accuracy monitors?
kbas go down to 39, affordable goes down to 34 i believe. kbas are roughly $50 more expensive though.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
how would you say those kbas speakers compare to the dennis murphy affordable accuracy monitors?
kbas go down to 39, affordable goes down to 34 i believe. kbas are roughly $50 more expensive though.
I don't have measurements for the Philharmonic AAs. My guess is that the K-BAS will dig deeper and have more capability in lower bass. The 34 Hz number that Dennis mentions on the AA product page is 'audible output' which means you can still hear it, but it will not be as loud as what is does above 50 Hz or so. The K-BAS is solid down to 40 before it starts rolling off. I won't venture to guess about other aspects to compare them by without personal experience, but I think that either is a very good choice in this price range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis