Q Acoustics 2000ci with Wharfedale Diamond 220s?

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
Hi all

I was wondering if I could use a Q Acoustics 2000ci as a centre channel with my Wharfedale Diamond 220 fronts. Would they `timbre match' (more-or-less)?

Thanks

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They will not timbre match -- however, you can still use the Q Acoustics if you want to

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi all

I was wondering if I could use a Q Acoustics 2000ci as a centre channel with my Wharfedale Diamond 220 fronts. Would they `timbre match' (more-or-less)?

Thanks
Paul why not just use the Wharfedale Diamond 220C center to go along w/your 220's? That way, everything will be fully timbre matched. Just saying............

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi all

Thanks
Paul I am NOT finding a QA 2000ci speaker. It is not listed on their US website.

https://www.qacoustics.com/bookshelf-speakers.html

Can you provide a link for the 2000ci? Either way it would not be timbre matched to the Diamond 220's. I used to own the 220's and loved them. Good choice on those. The 220c center would work well and be fully timbre matched. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

B

Bennet

Audiophyte
Being the owner of Wharfedale 225's as fronts and a 220c, I would opt for the 220c.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
Hi guys

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, Q-Acoustics does offer the 2000Ci as a standalone centre channel speaker here in Europe:

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-2000ci-centre-channel-speaker.html

It seems to be pretty popular here. It also comes bundled with their 2000i home cinema package together with 4 2010is and a 2070Si sub.

I do agree with the common consensus here that the 220C will make the perfect centre with the 220s. But the 220C is a fat boy, even without the bottom support, and there is no way I can make it enter my extremely slim cabinet. It seems like the 2000Ci will go through (even though only just). I live in a rented apartment and any form of DIY is strictly forbidden.

Also, I own a pair of 2010is which I love but which I have very regretfully demoted as my surrounds. I do use them as fronts from time to time though. Given these restrictions I was thinking that probably the 2000Cis could act as a centre with not only the 2010is but also the 220s and I could "kill two birds with the same stone" so to say.

Cheers
Paul

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
Paul, interestingly QA does not offer the 2000ci center channel speakers here in the US. I was not aware of that at all. Do not see any specs on it either on the QA UK website:

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-2000i-5-1-home-cinema-speaker-pack.html

Would like to learn more about the 2000ci though. It looks like a nice center. perhaps, the Diamond 220C is not available where you are, no?

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks for the reply Phil... You are absolutely right about the Diamond 220s. It is pretty impressive what those little guys can do.

Cheers
Paul.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the reply Phil... You are absolutely right about the Diamond 220s. It is pretty impressive what those little guys can do.

Cheers
Paul.
Yes Paul, the 220's sound very good. Too bad the 220C is too large to work for your needs. Like you, I also live in a small apartment and fully understand your apartment woes. However, it sounds like you have a very nice setup. What are using to power everything if you don't mind me asking? Just curious is all. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
Yes Paul, the 220's sound very good. Too bad the 220C is too large to work for your needs. Like you, I also live in a small apartment and fully understand your apartment woes. However, it sounds like you have a very nice setup. What are using to power everything if you don't mind me asking? Just curious is all. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
Hi Phil

Currently I drive them with a Marantz NR1602, a choice which was partly driven again by the slim cabinet restriction. I love the receiver though. It satisfies my requirements for the moment. Even though it is a good 6-7 years old, it has ample HDMI ins and two digital-ins which is all I need. It also supports airplay and internet radio. Agreed it is "only" 50W/channel but I hardly listen too loud.

Another thing I've been pondering about is my subwoofer. Currently I own the not so hi-fi Yammy YST SW012. Although many might disagree and dismiss it as being "crappy", I think it is decent in its own right and as far as 8 inch subs go. But my room is an acoustic nightmare - it reflects like a mirror and and has so many nulls and peaks that it could make a cross-country skiing terrain. As I said I cannot do any DIY in it which excludes any form of acoustic treatment. So I was debating if adding one more 8 inch sub would even out the bass a little and if it would be beneficial to the overall sound. Or should I just sell off the Yammy and get a bigger more high-end sub? BTW, I do not like earth-shaking bass, be it for music or for movies and I cannot afford too expensive a sub at the moment. I just want something that can hold up the low-end with the predominantly classical, jazz, blues, classics etc. genres I listen to.

Your suggestions and criticisms are valued.

Cheers
Paul.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Phil

Currently I drive them with a Marantz NR1602, a choice which was partly driven again by the slim cabinet restriction. I love the receiver though. It satisfies my requirements for the moment. Even though it is a good 6-7 years old, it has ample HDMI ins and two digital-ins which is all I need. It also supports airplay and internet radio. Agreed it is "only" 50W/channel but I hardly listen too loud.

Another thing I've been pondering about is my subwoofer. Currently I own the not so hi-fi Yammy YST SW012. Although many might disagree and dismiss it as being "crappy", I think it is decent in its own right and as far as 8 inch subs go. But my room is an acoustic nightmare - it reflects like a mirror and and has so many nulls and peaks that it could make a cross-country skiing terrain. As I said I cannot do any DIY in it which excludes any form of acoustic treatment. So I was debating if adding one more 8 inch sub would even out the bass a little and if it would be beneficial to the overall sound. Or should I just sell off the Yammy and get a bigger more high-end sub? BTW, I do not like earth-shaking bass, be it for music or for movies and I cannot afford too expensive a sub at the moment. I just want something that can hold up the low-end with the predominantly classical, jazz, blues, classics etc. genres I listen to.

Your suggestions and criticisms are valued.

Cheers
Paul.
I am very fond of Marantz myself. Excellent choice there. As far as subs go, I am not exactly sure what is available there where you are. Here, there are excellent subs available from the likes of Hsu, SVS, PSA, Rthymik, and Emotiva just to name a few. Buying internet direct usually yields much more for your money.

If the sub you have now is working, then why change it? It sounds like you like it, no? However, going duals would allow you to smooth things out some (less standing waves) and add more headroom to the equation so to speak. Perhaps, adding a second Yamaha 8" sub identical to the one you have may yield good results. On the other hand, moving up from a Yamaha sub to any from Hsu, SVS, Rythmik, and etc. mentioned above will certainly be a significant improvement. Especially, if you went with duals.

How big is your room? What is the layout? Is your room open to other areas of your apartment? More importantly, how far is your listening position from your front-stage? Where do you have your Yamaha sub placed now? Lastly, what kind of budget are we talking about here? Need a bit more info first, before recommending something more specifically. In short, I am very fond of sealed subs myself.

Cheers,

Phil

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
I am very fond of Marantz myself. Excellent choice there. As far as subs go, I am not exactly sure what is available there where you are. Here, there are excellent subs available from the likes of Hsu, SVS, PSA, Rthymik, and Emotiva just to name a few. Buying internet direct usually yields much more for your money.

If the sub you have now is working, then why change it? It sounds like you like it, no? However, going duals would allow you to smooth things out some (less standing waves) and add more headroom to the equation so to speak. Perhaps, adding a second Yamaha 8" sub identical to the one you have may yield good results. On the other hand, moving up from a Yamaha sub to any from Hsu, SVS, Rythmik, and etc. mentioned above will certainly be a significant improvement. Especially, if you went with duals.

How big is your room? What is the layout? Is your room open to other areas of your apartment? More importantly, how far is your listening position from your front-stage? Where do you have your Yamaha sub placed now? Lastly, what kind of budget are we talking about here? Need a bit more info first, before recommending something more specifically. In short, I am very fond of sealed subs myself.

Cheers,

Phil
Hi Phil

Thanks for the response. I have created a private conversation so as not to bore the others around here. Please check your conversations list.

Cheers
Paul.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis