Subwoofers on hard wood floor, should i put them on a square peice of carpet?

A

amayseng

Audioholic
Ohhhhhh you have two wireless transmitters going!

If the subs have them built in, why would use an external one?
The Klipsch are wireless built in recievers but come with a transmitter you plug into the reciever. The polk are not built in i bought the Sunfire wireless transmitter/reciever to use with them and when I use the Sunfire to the Polk it hums.
But when I disconnect it and use Klipsch either one or 2 subs and 2 transmitters no hum.
The polks are better speakers all around that is why I upgraded. One Klipsch is ok and 2 is good but one Polk is superior to 2 Klipsch and 2 Polks running is closer to theatrical sound of full enveloping 360 degree sound. Which is why I am pushing to go with the Polks.
I ordered the Audioengine wireless sub transmitter yest it will be here Wednesday to compare and see if it is just the Sunfire.
I had ordered a ground loop isolator but delivery got postponed.

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The Klipsch are wireless built in recievers but come with a transmitter you plug into the reciever. The polk are not built in i bought the Sunfire wireless transmitter/reciever to use with them and when I use the Sunfire to the Polk it hums.
But when I disconnect it and use Klipsch either one or 2 subs and 2 transmitters no hum.
The polks are better speakers all around that is why I upgraded. One Klipsch is ok and 2 is good but one Polk is superior to 2 Klipsch and 2 Polks running is closer to theatrical sound of full enveloping 360 degree sound. Which is why I am pushing to go with the Polks.
I ordered the Audioengine wireless sub transmitter yest it will be here Wednesday to compare and see if it is just the Sunfire.
I had ordered a ground loop isolator but delivery got postponed.
Sorry for the late reply, I’m in Hong Kong...

Is it necessary for everything to be wireless? I understand it saves on wires and clutter, but there may be an issue with too many wireless transmissions overlapping. Theoretically using different frequency channels for wireless transmission would help, but I do not know enough about the products available.

A

amayseng

Audioholic
Sorry for the late reply, I’m in Hong Kong...

Is it necessary for everything to be wireless? I understand it saves on wires and clutter, but there may be an issue with too many wireless transmissions overlapping. Theoretically using different frequency channels for wireless transmission would help, but I do not know enough about the products available.
With my floorplan I have no choice but to run wireless to the back or side of the room.
It is not two many frequencies because when I use the Klipsch wireless it works fine and when I use the Sunfire wireless with anything or by itself it always hums. It must be the Sunfire.
Still awaiting 2 new and different brand wireless devices to arrive to audition.

Btw using 2 Polk 12s ps505s wired up front right now (doesnt look right and in the way of the hall a bit) and man did Bladerunner 2049 sound phenomenal.

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
With my floorplan I have no choice butto run wireless to the back or side of the room.
It is not two many frequencies because when I ise the Klipsch wireless it works fine and when I ise the Sunfire wireless with anything or by itself it always hums. It must be the Sunfire.
Still awaiting 2 new and different brand wireless devices to arrive to audition.

Btw using 2 Polk 12s ps505s wired up front right now (doesnt look right and in the way of the hall a bit) and man did Bladerunner 2049 sound phenomenal.
Interesting! Well please post any more findings in regards to this so we can all learn!

Has Sunfire been helpful in diagnosing an issue?

A

amayseng

Audioholic
Interesting! Well please post any more findings in regards to this so we can all learn!

Has Sunfire been helpful in diagnosing an issue?
Today i received the Audioengine wireless transmitter and receiver and i have to say I am baffled at the least. They only included ONE powersource plug connection and ONE set of Y rca cables as the 3.5mm has to connect to a Y rca for both units.
What the hell? You have to provide your other Y and plug. You can use a usb connecter for the outlet plug but my Lord why would they not include both power sources? For 150$
Unreal. I refuse to even go find a Y connector and am sending it back for stupidity alone.

What a disappointment.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Today i received the Audioengine wireless transmitter and receiver and i have to say I am baffled at the least. They only included ONE powersource plug connection and ONE set of Y rca cables as the 3.5mm has to connect to a Y rca for both units.
What the hell? You have to provide your other Y and plug. You can use a usb connecter for the outlet plug but my Lord why would they not include both power sources? For 150$
Unreal. I refuse to even go find a Y connector and am sending it back for stupidity alone.

What a disappointment.
Absolutely send it back! Hope you find a solution that works. Hopefully someone will chime in with more wireless experience and suggest a better solution. But I fear that there may not be a 100% reliable solution available.

Is it a cosmetic issue that prevents you from running speaker cables?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

What a disappointment.
I hope you call them first!
They may take care of it or at least offer an explanation.
AudioEngine has a good reputation and I am surprised they screwed this up, but give them the opportunity to fix it (and let us know if they take care of you). As far as I know, they are an ID company and they can't afford to have crappy customer service!

A

amayseng

Audioholic
I hope you call them first!
They may take care of it or at least offer an explanation.
AudioEngine has a good reputation and I am surprised they screwed this up, but give them the opportunity to fix it (and let us know if they take care of you). As far as I know, they are an ID company and they can't afford to have crappy customer service!
I looked at the contents information and they only provide one of each with both units. Pretty crappy. Pretty stupid as well.
And for 150$ unreal. I sent them back asap and today I received Amphony Ifinity transmitter/receiver using the exact same technology for $59.99 and they work perfectly. No hum no issues all day today

A

amayseng

Audioholic
So finally some good news on the wireless subwoofer front. Today I received the Amphony Ifinity wireless transmitter and receiver combo which came with power supplies and rcas for both and it works flawlessly so far. NO hum. The Audioengine was 150$ and lacked power supplies and cables for both as you also need 3.5mm to rca adapters. Bullshit.
The Sunfire was 150$ and hummed like a nightmare. the Amphony is 59.99$ on Amazon and prime. Almost a hundred positive reviews.
I have another on the way for my second sub. Altho I have the Polk and Klipsch both running wirelessly and NO hum. Sounds fantastic. So far so good thank God almighty.

Next up i need powered rear speakers to run wirelessly. Still looking at Audioengine despite my disappointment with them.

In this tv room it is my only option sadly.

We are looking at bigger homes and or land to build. So there is that but hell it could take half a year or more to find something. My home is 2000 sq feet it is just the setup of the floor plan that compromises my ability.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

What a disappointment.
So what was different in this kit from what you got? Amazon has the same thing. Maybe the purpose of the kit was different from your needs....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
So what was different in this kit from what you got? Amazon has the same thing. Maybe the purpose of the kit was different from your needs....
I think the problem is that kit is intended to be used with a laptop and he is not using a laptop, so he needs another wall-wart and 3.5 to RCA cable.
However, seeing this makes it clear that AudioEngine was not negligent; this kit was simply not intended to do what Amayseng wanted.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I understand frustration, but when the contents of the kit are clear you only have yourself to blame if you didn't order the extras you'd need to make it work for your application. Audioengine generally seems to do good work, so....

A

amayseng

Audioholic
Description
"Audioengine W3 Premium Wireless Audio Adapter - Play all your music wirelessly from any audio device or computer to your Audioengine powered speakers, stereo receiver, or powered subwoofer. W3 provides CD-quality HD stereo sound with no reduction in audio quality. Functional Overview The Audioengine W3 is designed to connect your audio components wirelessly. The W3 handles USB audio up to 16 bits/48KHz with no compression, as well as analog audio via a 3.5mm minijack. Think of the W3 as a wireless 16-bit USB DAC as well as a wireless audio link. The W3 consists of 2 parts, the \"Sender\" and \"Receiver\". The Sender transmits audio from your computer through USB audio or from any product with 3.5mm mini-jack or RCA audio outputs. The other side of W3, the Receiver, connects audio to any product with mini-jack or RCA audio connectors. "

Shame me all you want.
Where I ordered there was no description of the contents provided. Only in the manual which came with the product

A

amayseng

Audioholic
I think the problem is that kit is intended to be used with a laptop and he is not using a laptop, so he needs another wall-wart and 3.5 to RCA cable.
However, seeing this makes it clear that AudioEngine was not negligent; this kit was simply not intended to do what Amayseng wanted.
The wallwart that came with the unit was even diffetent than the one pictured in the manual. It was 3 pieces fitting together. Not the one pictured.
Show the other illustrations that were included in the manual. One was av receiver to subwoofer connection.
I'm an Audioengine fan, however they were subpar in this product imho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good grief no one is shaming you, no more than you're shaming Audioengine for something you didn't check out completely :) but I don't think Audioengine shorted you as much as you shorted yourself. I don't expect components to come with every interconnect needed but I certainly see what's included when I order it. Caveat emptor.

A

amayseng

Audioholic
Good grief no one is shaming you, no more than you're shaming Audioengine for something you didn't check out completely :) but I don't think Audioengine shorted you as much as you shorted yourself. I don't expect components to come with every interconnect needed but I certainly see what's included when I order it. Caveat emptor.
If there was a description of what's included on the sellers page with the product I would have ordered the necessary adapters separately and been good to go. It was an Audioengine product but sold by a third party. I still think it's silly not everything was included. You are correct in the fact I assumed it would all be as other products are, I was not diligent in my resesrch. I was lazy.

A

amayseng

Audioholic
and yes I said shaming because he chose to show the one illustration that I was not going to use the wireless transmitters for instead of showing the illustration of the wireless transmitters being hooked up to an audio video receiver and a subwoofer clearly showing two power sources and sets of RCA's. so he chose to purposely make me look inept hence shaming. like I asked him why did he not show the illustration provided in the manual or wherever he found that illustration why did he not show the proper illustration of an audio-video receiver to a subwoofer connection of these transmitters which clearly showed two power supplies and sets of RCA's? you don't find that odd that he purposely showed the one illustration I was not using the components for? Instead of showing the illustration provided that showed two power sources?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
and yes I said shaming because he chose to show the one illustration that I was not going to use the wireless transmitters for instead of showing the illustration of the wireless transmitters being hooked up to an audio video receiver and a subwoofer clearly showing two power sources and sets of RCA's. so he chose to purposely make me look inept hence shaming. like I asked him why did he not show the illustration provided in the manual or wherever he found that illustration why did he not show the proper illustration of an audio-video receiver to a subwoofer connection of these transmitters which clearly showed two power supplies and sets of RCA's? you don't find that odd that he purposely showed the one illustration I was not using the components for? Instead of showing the illustration provided that showed two power sources?
Apologies! I did not go through all of the photos.
Definitely did not deliberately omit the one that shows your situation - It is not present until I hit the "right arrow" to reveal more images. Certainly not my intent to "shame" you!

You are correct, this would indicate the kit should have what you need!

A

amayseng

Audioholic
Apologies! I did not go through all of the photos.
Definitely did not deliberately omit the one that shows your situation - It is not present until I hit the "right arrow" to reveal more images. Certainly not my intent to "shame" you!

You are correct, this would indicate the kit should have what you need!
No worries and no hard feelings! Good I'm glad somebody sees what I saw and I'm not crazy or dense. Haha

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis