Who has BMR’s by Philharmonic Audio?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Do you like them? What are the good and not so good things about them?

What speakers do you think are compatible?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Unless your listening habits are crazy loud ie pro audio, they are untouchable at their price point.

If you hadn't dinged for dumb responses unwarranted I'd give more info than that.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Unless your listening habits are crazy loud ie pro audio, they are untouchable at their price point.

If you hadn't dinged for dumb responses unwarranted I'd give more info than that.
? I think the OP may have meant "comparable" rather than "compatible," but it seems like a reasonable question. I guess I'm missing something.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
? I think the OP may have meant "comparable" or "comparable" rather than "compatible," but it seems like a reasonable question. I guess I'm missing something.
Yeah, no big deal. Just his post history and attitude. I have nothing but admiration for your work Dennis. Just left my response minimal...

And I truly believe that nothing touches the BMR at it price point with the prefabs and even with Jim's still...

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
I've been checking them out on your site Dennis and may have to snag a pair for the master bedroom ha ha. The Mini Phils have been performing flawless and I couldn't be happier with them. Hopefully I will be getting with you soon on another pair of Mini Phils to round out the HT. If the funds are right I would like to get a pair of BMRs also. What's the lead time production wise currently on them in piano gloss black?

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I've been checking them out on your site Dennis and may have to snag a pair for the master bedroom ha ha. The Mini Phils have been performing flawless and I couldn't be happier with them. Hopefully I will be getting with you soon on another pair of Mini Phils to round out the HT. If the funds are right I would like to get a pair of BMRs also. What's the lead time production wise currently on them in piano gloss black?
I have someone helping me with the BMR's, and we can generally turn the piano black and cherry versions around in 10 - 14 days. I'm working on having them produced in greater quantity in snazzier cabinets, but that's several months off.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
You are right Dennis,thanks. As you know I already have 4 of your speakers and I’m very happy with them.
Just contemplating moving up.

EverttT seems to have his knickers in a bunch about something. If I hurt his feelings about something I apologize.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
I have someone helping me with the BMR's, and we can generally turn the piano black and cherry versions around in 10 - 14 days. I'm working on having them produced in greater quantity in snazzier cabinets, but that's several months off.
Perfect that fits right into time frame. I meant to give you a call after I got the Minis setup but it's been a bit hectic. They integrated very nicely with Jim's Songtowers and thanks again for all your help.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
You are right Dennis,thanks. As you know I already have 4 of your speakers and I’m very happy with them.
Just contemplating moving up.

EverttT seems to have his knickers in a bunch about something. If I hurt his feelings about something I apologize.
I think you might have more luck asking for feedback on the AVS speaker thread. There are probably a lot more BMR owners frequenting that forum.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think you might have more luck asking for feedback on the AVS speaker thread. There are probably a lot more BMR owners frequenting that forum.
At some point, did you mention the possibility of having a set of small speakers that could be shipped to people who were interested in hearing them if they couldn't easily travel? If not, do you show them at Rocky Mountain or Axpona? I'm a custom integrator and always looking for speakers that are something different, better and not necessarily the most expensive, but when I go to other dealers, their display is usually lacking, so speakers that are said to be excellent don't sound that way, to me. I listened to the Golden Ear Triton 3 and was very underwhelmed. Only one other shop in Milwaukee does proper setup and that's because one of the owners actually took an acoustics class (that's where we met). I don't know of more than one other person in the audio business here who actually bothered, and he recently retired.

Otherwise, if you have customers who live in the Milwaukee area, I would be interested in contacting them for a demo.

If you would rather PM about this, great.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
At some point, did you mention the possibility of having a set of small speakers that could be shipped to people who were interested in hearing them if they couldn't easily travel? If not, do you show them at Rocky Mountain or Axpona? I'm a custom integrator and always looking for speakers that are something different, better and not necessarily the most expensive, but when I go to other dealers, their display is usually lacking, so speakers that are said to be excellent don't sound that way, to me. I listened to the Golden Ear Triton 3 and was very underwhelmed. Only one other shop in Milwaukee does proper setup and that's because one of the owners actually took an acoustics class (that's where we met). I don't know of more than one other person in the audio business here who actually bothered, and he recently retired.

Otherwise, if you have customers who live in the Milwaukee area, I would be interested in contacting them for a demo.

If you would rather PM about this, great.
Hi I do have at least one pair of BMR's in Milwaukee. Why don't you send me a blank email to my info@philharmonicaudio.com address and we can see about arranging something for you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis