Focal Electra 1038 BE

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
Thanks for all the responses. Turns out the pic I posted is the black lacquer high gloss, there's a black wood grain version black ash which looks amazing, but that dark walnut is gorgeous too. It'd be between these two Choices...

Black ash [not 1038 but same look]

Dark walnut [looks better in person]

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I just checked their website and saw that they now offer red as well, that was previously available in their

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
B&W lies about their specs just like DefTech, GoldenEar, and many other companies.

Revel don't lie about their specs. :D
I spent most of my time with the Triton 2. Goldenear speakers actually sound pretty good, but using the same demo songs at every stop it dodn't take long to realize their stated low end spec was just a number.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Man, I forgot how beautiful Focal speakers can be. Just plain art.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
How do you compare the Focal Aria 948 to the Electra 1048 BE.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
Yes, you did. I Like Focal Aria 948 speakers for music. Don’t hear much about it here. I’m also looking at B&W 702 S2 as well. Leaning more towards purchasing Focal for music, but not sure about movies. Could use advice.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, you did. I Like Focal Aria 948 speakers for music. Don’t hear much about it here. I’m also looking at B&W 702 S2 as well. Leaning more towards purchasing Focal for music, but not sure about movies. Could use advice.
If you like the 948s for music, should be good for HT. Are you using a sub for HT? Where are you located?

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
In Illinois, I was going to buy SVS SB2000 Subwoofer, then the salesman decided to show me the JL Audio E112 and I decided to slow down and research. I liked both, big price difference.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Since your in ILL, maybe check out Seaton Sound and JTR Speakers. ID companies with some impressive subs and speakers.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
Thank you for the info. How did you find out about their speakers. So many speakers to choose from.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you for the info. How did you find out about their speakers. So many speakers to choose from.
From a couple of members that traded in their 20k speakers for both manufacturers. Both are very competitive and the dollar to performance ratio is extremely high. I've heard subs and speakers from both and they are impressive. Other manufacturers to consider not as close to ILL but can recommend demos are Salk Sound and Philharmonic Audio. They both can have a different levels of cabinetry worrk in comparison to the others, more furniture grade if wanted.

Maybe ask a mod to move your posts to a thread that is created by you as not to muddy up another OPs thread (although I'm probably the muddier responsible party :D) that way you can list gear, room, and budget.

Last edited:
Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
Okay, sorry I interrupted this post.
First time using the forums. Got excited when I heard about Focal speakers after reading for 6 weeks since I joined.
Also, what do you mean by mod? Yes, I don’t want to muddy up anymore.

L

LuisEcho

Enthusiast
Hi guys I just got the sopra 2's and find them to have incredible bass i dont use a sub for stereo listening with these i did find that as you move them closer to the wall you get better bass with minimal compromise to the sound stage

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Okay, sorry I interrupted this post.
First time using the forums. Got excited when I heard about Focal speakers after reading for 6 weeks since I joined.
Also, what do you mean by mod? Yes, I don’t want to muddy up anymore.
Your good. I just was suggesting that you start a thread with a title about info your looking for and ask a mod (moderator) to move your posts to it. This thread hasn't been hijacked, just thought you might a thread for your questions and thoughts...

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
B&W lies about their specs just like DefTech, GoldenEar, and many other companies.

Revel don't lie about their specs. :D
Yes, and based on the specs of Focal speakers, it doesn't appear that Focal fudges on bass response either. They don't really claim bass extension that deep for the cabinet size of the speakers. I've just gotten interested in Focal and reading quite a bit. The beryllium tweeters are almost universally praised, from what I've read so far. The new Kanta is getting lots of raves, but the 1038be ii actually is a larger speaker, weighs about 40 pounds more, goes deeper in the bass and is less expensive.

M

Motorsport

Audiophyte
There is a notable difference between the 1038 BE and 1038 BE Mark2 (BEII). Make sure you know which is which as they updated the components and tweaked a few other things:

"Like all the high-end loudspeakers in the Electra 1000 Be 2 range, the Electra 1038 Be floorstanding loudspeakers has benefitted from new components and settings. The impressive punch delivered by three 7″ (18cm) woofers with their inexhaustible power, reinforces the new clarity in sound image and definition."

I have the Electra 1038BEII floorstanders and the matching Electra SW1000BE and never feel the itch to upgrade the speakers. They are gorgeous to look at, especially in Porsche Carrara White lacquer and without the speaker grills which cover those gorgeous 'W' sandwich cones!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis