Stands for Philharmonic BMR?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just wondering if anyone knows what height should be and happened to see some that made a nice presentation!
Thanks!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I would day 22-24" would work fine Kurt. I also recommend these for the BMR's:

http://tyleracoustics.com/stands.html

The Model 1 stands look even better in person. Ty can customize them for you as well. They cost $400 a set! For the BMR's, it would easily be worth it inmho. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

PS: You will have to scroll down a little bit to see the Model 1's! ;););)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I had something like these in mind. Still searching for something cheaper but in a similar style. At least they're slightly cheaper than the Tyler stands anyway. :) Edit: Here you go.

Or option 2. Too bad this little dude isn't holding his book level.

Or if you don't think your wife will go for lawn decor as speaker stands, here's a different direction.

Or if you're looking for cheap, you could get these and fill the tubes with sand or cat litter or something.

Or there are lots of small night stands around the neighborhood of your height requirements. You might even take your wife and a measuring tape to a few antique stores and let her help you pick out a pair. Wives love finding treasures at antique stores.

Last edited:
P

PNWer

Audiophyte
BMR has good vertical dispersion. One would want to be at listening height. I use Sanus 22" stand.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Holy crap! Dude, just pick which design you like and I'll build it for you!

Seriously!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Kurt, if you want to go cheap but effective why not try a set of these:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MonitorStd

With a top plate of 9.5" squared and a weight capacity of 90-lbs. would certainly work. Not to mention, they are also adjustable! Not bad for ONLY $69.95 shipped! Just saying............

Cheers,

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Build your own stands. Much cheaper and you can get them to the exact height you need. You should mount the speakers so that the tweeter will be at your listening position ear height.

I made some based off of this design:

Simple and sturdy construction, very easy to build. You could make a set with just one sheet of plywood or MDF. That design can hold any amount of weight, and has a lower center of gravity with respect to other stands as well.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
But wait, there's more…

Forget those puny subwoofers in flimsy cardboard sonotubes. Use concrete drain pipe for those big subwoofers.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
When I searched for audio quality cinder blocks, I also found this:
I like the concept!
And at first thought this might actually be a legit design, but the interior volume is limited for the woofer and it looks like the tweeter is ported? WTF!
Looks like he had a CNC router with the recessed gasket and grooved and gasketed routing for the wires going from the XO to the woofer (at least that is what it looks like to me)!
Still there is a certain utilitarian post-apocalyptic appeal!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
But why is the port in the opposite chamber from the mid driver? Are they venting the tweeter for extended bass range? o°/
… at first thought this might actually be a legit design, but the interior volume is limited for the woofer and it looks like the tweeter is ported? WTF!
Right :rolleyes:. That bass-reflex tweeter and the limited cabinet volume for the woofer made it look like some DIY speaker designs I've seen in Popular Mechanics.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
But wait, there's more…

Forget those puny subwoofers in flimsy cardboard sonotubes. Use concrete drain pipe for those big subwoofers.
In this picture we can see engineers carefully installing the port on my ported sub.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I'm a tripod kindda guy
upload_2017-12-22_9-41-23.jpeg

This is some Italian company called Solidsteel. They make all sorts of audio furniture. Their products can be bought through musicdirect.com, but I think these tripods are discontinued.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Solid Steel is also a great radio show :)

In regards to stands, the Monoprice Monolith stands look fairly heavy duty. Currently on sale for $40/ea with shipping included. Great deal imo because I'm sure the shipping isn't cheap. I might buy some.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24794

I ordered these for my speakers awhile back. I haven't assembled them however so I can't really speak to the quality:
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ssmb24-24-speaker-stand-pair-square-steel-base--240-750

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis