What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

jslivingston

jslivingston

Audiophyte
I recently bought a pair of Adam Audio A7 studio monitors (I prefer flat frequency listening over the more exciting smiley face EQ responses of consumer speakers), and to treat myself and make them a little more fun I picked up a Monicon passive monitor controller which just puts a huge volume knob on my desk in front of me. Loving all 3 pieces! Mogami cables in-between it all.

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
Picked up a JTR Cap4000 LFE. Maybe a second! My 4 Sealed DIY SI HT18s served me very very well, but now it’s time to get down to serious business!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Spending Spree as of Late, added IPhone X, Xbox 1 X and since my lease was coming to an end...
2018 BMW X3 M40i (Yes a lot of 'Xs' in my purchases lol)

Hard to see the heads up Display, but wow they have come a long way!

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@Cos
Yeah,tell me about it. More signatures that taking mortgage.
Just came home with updated 2018 Outback 3.6r Limited.
I wish they would be faster, but I couldn't find anything close to value fully loaded outback provides. Especially all active safety features. Since my much less experienced wife drives it a lot, these are really good to have.

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I just picked up a new - open box Sony HW45 projector on eBay.

I already had the screen and shelf picked out on Amazon, but, the projector was up in the air. My goal was to keep the entire setup (PJ, screen and mount/shelf) under $1000. On a lark, I put in a low ball offer which got accepted. I'm nervous since this bid bests my last eBay purchase by 2 orders of price magnitude. I really wasn't planning for this. (Introspectively... Really?)

More to follow.

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Bought the kid a freaking macbook pro. Can't believe I spent that much on a laptop. Hard to find deals but B&H hooked me up. Had to pay tax in NY but was still a better deal than any partner discount.

I grabbed on of those 10" fire tablets for the wife as well.

Waiting to here back from BMX on his projector opinion. - More to come.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Movie was decent, could have been better but I still liked it. Innocence is one of my favorites and my Japanese copy was stolen a few years back when the house was broken into. Just re-bought it. Thx.
Ghost in the Shell blew my mind when I first watched it. It's my all time favorite anime (I'm a science fiction geek) and have watched it 10's of times. Everything I've watched since then gets compared to it. There have been others like Mushi-Shi, Black Butler, FLCL and Soul Eater, which I loved for other reasons, but none in the sci-fi genre have come close. Maybe, Stein's Gate, but that wouldn't be apples to apples.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ghost in the Shell blew my mind when I first watched it. It's my all time favorite anime (I'm a science fiction geek) and have watched it 10's of times. Everything I've watched since then gets compared to it. There have been others like Mushi-Shi, Black Butler, FLCL and Soul Eater, which I loved for other reasons, but none in the sci-fi genre have come close. Maybe, Stein's Gate, but that wouldn't be apples to apples.
I own the Mushi-shi box set and have watched S2. Enjoyed FLCL. Also liked SOA, SOA II, Bebop, Champloo, LAIN, Neon Genesis (original). Lately has been K Project, Deadman Wonderland, Attack on Titan, etc... Agree, not much has been quite on par with GitS though. Even the SAC series and prequel movies were all good.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Got two of these. Should be here sometime today.

Both a second Ecobee3 with 3 sensors from Costco for $169.99. Afaik biggest difference from v3 to v4 is better Alexa integration with build-in far mics and speakers, but I don't care about Alexa.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Both a second Ecobee3 with 3 sensors from Costco for $169.99. Afaik biggest difference from v3 to v4 is better Alexa integration with build-in far mics and speakers, but I don't care about Alexa.
That's a good deal. I don't really care all that much about Alexa, but I use it sometimes to control my living room TV. This will replace the Echo Dot I have sitting below the current thermostat.

My main use will be the sensors. My house is efficient, but sometimes certain rooms are way off what the thermostat temp says. That and my current one is too stupid to use my hot and cool points properly. Very annoying.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis