Upgrade from my old speakers

A

andychen

Audioholic Intern
Back 8 years ago, I purchased some nice speakers, EPOS ELS 3, PSB Image B15 and B25 and they have served me very well and there is nothing I don't like them about. I stopped following audio equipment and technology advance. Now I see that all these speakers are discontinued, which makes me wonder, should I get some new speakers to replace my old ones? I am looking to spend $300 per pair and the focus would be on music 2.1 set up, are the current popular speakers at the same price range better than my old speakers? Thanks

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Back 8 years ago, I purchased some nice speakers, EPOS ELS 3, PSB Image B15 and B25 and they have served me very well and there is nothing I don't like them about. I stopped following audio equipment and technology advance. Now I see that all these speakers are discontinued, which makes me wonder, should I get some new speakers to replace my old ones? I am looking to spend $300 per pair and the focus would be on music 2.1 set up, are the current popular speakers at the same price range better than my old speakers? Thanks

Demo the new speakers with some music you are very familiar with on your current speakers.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Back 8 years ago, I purchased some nice speakers, EPOS ELS 3, PSB Image B15 and B25 and they have served me very well and there is nothing I don't like them about.

Now I see that all these speakers are discontinued, which makes me wonder, should I get some new speakers to replace my old ones? I am looking to spend $300 per pair and the focus would be on music 2.1 set up, are the current popular speakers at the same price range better than my old speakers? Thanks
If you like your speakers, then don't replace them.

Their 8-year-old age should be of no concern. I suspect that today's speakers selling in the $300/pair price range might not be any better sounding than what you already have.

The fact that they are discontinued after 8 years is also of no concern. It is actually rare for drivers to be available for much longer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis