Polk RTi a7/a9 opinions?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Always wanted to own these as they just look like they can put out some serious spl, and several dealers are currently selling them pretty cheaply. I’m a fan of Polk, having owned their monitor 70s before, I liked them. Does anybody have any experience with them? How deep is the bass extension? Do they handle high volume and big dynamics well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have heard the A9 speakers, I thought they were fine at the time. As for dynamic range, they should be more capable than the Klipsch bookshelf speakers you are using. If you are really concerned about a wide dynamic range, you should be looking at something like JTR, Pi, JBL Pro, or QSC K series.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I have heard the A9 speakers, I thought they were fine at the time. As for dynamic range, they should be more capable than the Klipsch bookshelf speakers you are using. If you are really concerned about a wide dynamic range, you should be looking at something like JTR, Pi, JBL Pro, or QSC K series.
Most of these are significantly out of my budget though. Even the cheaper speakers are going to run $1600 a pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would say if the Klipsch bookshelf speakers have wide enough dynamic range for you, the A9s will more than suffice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis