Who knows anything about these Larson speakers?

J

jevhaere

Audiophyte
Dear everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought some Larson speakers second-hand. I do not know much about them, nor their quality, maker,... I hoped someone could help me with a little information about them, because I can't find anything about them online.

Thanks a lot.
Kind regards,
Jesse
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KIwT9DSSeMc0TiQ92

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dear everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought some Larson speakers second-hand. I do not know much about them, nor their quality, maker,... I hoped someone could help me with a little information about them, because I can't find anything about them online.

Thanks a lot.
Kind regards,
Jesse
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KIwT9DSSeMc0TiQ92
Jesse, can you show us what they look like w/the grilles off? Or, are the grilles too difficult to take off? Make sure you are very careful b/c the grilles may be very fragile. Perhaps, someone here knows of them.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, I can't find anything w/the Larson name. Other than some sort of media consulting firm. However, found a lot on Larsen, but they look totally different. As such, I see that there is not much out there on "Larson" speakers. Taking the grilles off if they are not too fragile would give us a little more to work with. Have you even played them? If so, how do they sound?

Cheers,

Phil

J

jevhaere

Audiophyte
Thanks phil. At the moment I'm at work, but I''ll try to take the grill of when I'm at home. I searched the web for a while myself and I didn't find anything neither (except about larsen speakers, but that a different brand). I'll try to give you more details, I bought them together with a rotel rx800 amplifier, so I think they might be from the same period. And I thought they where made in Sweden. But I''ll try to confirmate that. I will post an update in a couple of hours when I'm home.
Greetings,
Jesse

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
[
Zieg, the OP's speakers are spelled Larson NOT Larsen as I mentioned above. The ONLY thing that I found on "Larson" speakers was a media firm. But, it looks like BSA has found something above.
Well, I was 84% close.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis