More Finish Options For SVS Speakers?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I follow SVS on Facebook and joined in a conversation.

Screenshot_2017-07-21-11-10-13-1.png

My comments aren't in that image, but I thought it was an interesting reply from SVS. He hints that they're looking at offering more choices for finishes now. Kinda cool.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Call me kooky but I just like black speakers, wood finish or gloss black. I never really like the other finishes. To each their own though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I tend to go for mostly black furniture, so black finishes are always fine by me!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm OK with black finish, but I'm not a big fan of gloss black/piano black.

Reflections can be a nuisance, and fingerprints and smudges just show up too easy.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

SVS’s “Model T” approach is what’s kept me from taking any serious consideration of their speakers and subs. A shame, because I know it’s all excellent stuff. I for one wouldn’t mind paying a premium for wood veneers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My current speakers are piano gloss. I like the look but they are a PITA to handle and clean when needed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My current speakers are piano gloss. I like the look but they are a PITA to handle and clean when needed.
Mine too. I really like the way they look too.

When I was running the meat shop we went through a lot of white cotton gloves. I'd wear them under nitrile gloves to keep my hands nice, dry and warm. I have a whole drawer full of them now. I keep a pair with my measuring stuff and cables. I've yet to touch any of my speakers (aside from accidental) with my bare hands.

I do have to dust at the very least every other day. Summertime in the desert means a lot of dust and that gloss black sure does show it! It's not so bad though. A labor of love. I even find it relaxing. :) I use a swiffer duster and it only takes maybe 5-10 minutes. I've used water, sparingly, with a soft microfiber cloth on the occasional smudge or dog nose print, but never any chemicals.

Yes, I'm sick. :p

I did always think though, that SVS could go with some more finish options. I'd still choose gloss black, I think, but more options is good for everyone. I thought it was a cool little tidbit.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

When I was running the meat shop we went through a lot of white cotton gloves. I'd wear them under nitrile gloves to keep my hands nice, dry and warm. I have a whole drawer full of them now. I keep a pair with my measuring stuff and cables. I've yet to touch any of my speakers (aside from accidental) with my bare hands.

I do have to dust at the very least every other day. Summertime in the desert means a lot of dust and that gloss black sure does show it! It's not so bad though. A labor of love. I even find it relaxing. :) I use a swiffer duster and it only takes maybe 5-10 minutes. I've used water, sparingly, with a soft microfiber cloth on the occasional smudge or dog nose print, but never any chemicals.

Yes, I'm sick.

I did always think though, that SVS could go with some more finish options. I'd still choose gloss black, I think, but more options is good for everyone. I thought it was a cool little tidbit.
I agree, more choice is good for everyone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Try some maguires gold class quick detailer. They will blow you away. Visually I mean.
I like options for white, and exotic veneers too. Black is great for blending in or light controlled rooms but idgaf. I think too fuel funny cars thinks of beauty so...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I now picture you doing this (butler outfit) after cleaning. Shaking your head and getting out your feather duster. Or whatever. o_O

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep piano gloss can be a pain....gotta get me some of those gloves. Polished titanium bike frame is worse, tho.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
^That is 'borrowed' from a thread on AVS. If I remember right, this finish was shown at a show, but I'm not sure they were ever available to buy.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I have got speakers in maple finish. Also like oak and pine.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If interested in different finishes for speakers & subs, it's hard to beat Funk's offerings and work (and not just the exterior, fantastic audio, too!)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis