Svs pb-1000 vs rsl speedwoofer 10s

Which is the better sub?

• Total voters
L

Livngston

Audiophyte
What does everyone think between these two subs? My max budget is $500 (and that it stretching it). My room is around 355 square feet (2841 cubic feet). Mostly for movies, but also want it decent for music (60/40%).

I don't mind spending the extra money to get the svs if it truly is a better sub. But I've heard mixed reactions from different people as to which is better.

(trying to avoid ordering both on the demo and returning one. Not close to a drop off location to ship back).

Thoughts?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The PB1000 is tuned deeper, it will give you more deep bass. I wouldn't think its bad for music either. In this price range, look at the Premiere Acoustics PA-150 and Hsu VTF-1 mk3 as well.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd probably opt for the VTF-2 at $539. Yes, above your max budget, save a bit more. You will not regret it. Otherwise I'd probably go with the PB1000 or VTF-1.

C

cardsdoc

Enthusiast
I auditioned both PB-1000 and RSL. The SVS was clearly better for HT due to much better low end extension. RSl maybe slightly more articulate for music. Between those 2 for HT definitely SVS.

L

Livngston

Audiophyte
I ordered the pb-1000 today. As it is the WAF will be tested given its bigger than my old infinity (and she wanted something smaller). The Hsu would have gone over the top. I liked the rsl, but too many people pointed out the better low extension of the svs.

L

Livngston

Audiophyte
@&#&@&@&!!! So I have to worry about the WAF about the look of my sub, but apparently she can ignore when the painter just God damn spilled paint over my tower speakers... I told love to milk this to get the whole svs set, but that is not happening... Does anyone know what is good for getting paint off the side of the speaker (that black ash finish... Not sure if wood or vinyl coating).

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@&#&@&@&!!! So I have to worry about the WAF about the look of my sub, but apparently she can ignore when the painter just God damn spilled paint over my tower speakers... I told love to milk this to get the whole svs set, but that is not happening... Does anyone know what is good for getting paint off the side of the speaker (that black ash finish... Not sure if wood or vinyl coating).
Inconsiderate pricks.
If it's latex, just use a warm wet washcloth. Might take a a few swipes, but it should come off even if it's a couple days old.

L

Livngston

Audiophyte
It's woodgrain vinyl. The damp cloth is not getting off the paint. Any chemicals good for this? Goof off?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
It's woodgrain vinyl. The damp cloth is not getting off the paint. Any chemicals good for this? Goof off?
How big is the area? I've seen goo gone eat through vinyl. Goof off is a little more gentle but I'd try it on a spot you wouldn't see first.

L

Livngston

Audiophyte
It's all over the left side of the speaker from top to bottom. After cleaning off most of it, it looks like it was splatter painted.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Might have to take a tiny screwdriver or a small pick/awl and clean the grooves. You might have the painters but a new one. That's bull$hit.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Surely the painters are bonded and insured, no? I agree it is total BS! I would be livid to say the least. This might even be a consideration for small claims court. Sure wouldn't let them get away with it. Sometimes, the Better Business Bureau can be of help. The OP might want to look into it. Best wishes to the OP!

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, that clay might just do it. Might even get into the grooves. I have some by "Mothers" but like Garcia said, they're all pretty much the same.
Again, as Phil said, they should be insured, and are responsible so don't feel bad about saying something to them. As for waf? That's between you and your wife, but I don't hesitate to remind mine that I live here too, and that means WAF equals "Will approval factor" as much as Wife approval factor. Just sayin...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, I would be livid if a painter I paid splashed paint on my speaker(s)! Worse yet, the missus doesn't seem to care. :eek:

I'd be buying whatever sub I wanted.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Good painter would have covered your stuff while painting IMO.
Yep. This. Or I'd have removed them. I've owned and flip a number of houses and rarely spilled any paint. Hard to think professionals would do something so dumb and careless.

L

Livngston

Audiophyte
Yes well that's because my wife used a friend's brother to do the job instead of hiring a real company. Should have just done it myself, but she thought I'd do a sloppy job ironically.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis