rgriffin25

rgriffin25

<font color='#000000'>I paid $1.80 at the pump today. It cost me $20 to fill up my fuel efficient VW jetta. &nbsp;This is getting out of hand! dang OPEC taking money away from better things in life..(SACDs / DVDs)

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
rgriffin25 : <font color='#000000'>I paid $1.80 at the pump today. It cost me $20 to fill up my fuel efficient VW jetta. This is getting out of hand! dang OPEC taking money away from better things in life..(SACDs / DVDs)

</font>
<font color='#000000'>I'll probably get killed for saying this, but I don't think paying $1.80 or even $2.00 is unreasonable. We pay more for bottled water for Pete's sake! We are one of the few countries who pay such cheap gas prices. The average in Europe is around $3 or $4.00 a gallon. Do I want to pay such high prices? No, but if it would stop people from driving gas guzzling SUVs, cars and trucks, which would greatly help the enviroment, and keep us from being at the mercy of Arab countries that don't like us, then I'm all for it.
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>My big ole V8 takes $40 a week @ $1.89.9 per gallon. I need the power for pulling &amp; hauling. Of coarse, I don't use it in this manner every day. But, I only have enough room &amp; money for one vehicle! &nbsp;

The good part is, one more payment &amp; the Tundra is mine!
</font>

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000F22'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I need the power for pulling &amp; hauling.</td></tr></table>

For hauling your bike, right?

Thats what I thought
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>That would be bikes!
&nbsp;

I also haul dirt in by the yard to put in low places in the lawn. I live in a bottom by a lake. It's beautiful, but a pain to keep up. I love it though!

And don't laugh, it's a grocery getter too!
</font>

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000F22'>The last I heard you had only, &lt;cough&gt; *one* bike.  I just got a 02' YZ 250F.  Sold the 139. Since the 4 stroker conversion, i'll never go back  
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Oh! I thought I might have mentioned it. It is a '99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 with Ninja1100 cams, Muzzy race megaphone, stage 3 Dynojet kit, &amp; K&amp;N chrome filters. It will almost run with a stock Ninja 9R!

Now, thanks to you, I have a way to get some pics on here. Thanks!</font>

<font color='#000080'>I want them to make my Jeep Liberty in a version that runs on Diesel - better gas mileage and cheaper per gallon (at least where I live)

I hear the new VW Passat will now be available in Diesel (just about the rest of the line already is)...</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Have you seen the new idea for bio-diesel? It is a basic diesel engine with slight modifications that runs on recycled vegetable oil!

Now that is cheap fuel. Pull up to your local fast food joint and get a few gallons! &nbsp;
</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
zumbo : <font color='#000000'>Have you seen the new idea for bio-diesel? It is a basic diesel engine with slight modifications that runs on recycled vegetable oil!

Now that is cheap fuel. Pull up to your local fast food joint and get a few gallons!
</font>
<font color='#000000'>And your exhaust smells like fries!</font>

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>actually the higher gas prices have been enough to convince the wife when we trade in the Navigator next month we should get the Infiniti FX45 instead of the H2
&quot;you know honey the H2 gets 13 mpg and the FX45 gets 19 mpg&quot; glad to know theres other motorcyclists out there. I'm riding a KTM 640, Big Gun exhaust,air box mods and carb work. aaahh hot rods, motorcycles and Hi FI aint it cool.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>What about the FX35? My wife has a G35. That little six is one bad mutha. I am sure the large body of the FX would eat up some of the power, but I bet it has plenty. Just probably has a different torque curve to compensate for the weight. Just a thought! &nbsp;
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Ah, Mr. Woofer is keeping up with things. Good thing they are not using chitterlings.
</font>

Rip Van Woofer : <font color='#000000'>And your exhaust smells like fries!</font>
<font color='#000080'>There would be so many accidental suicides from people who were McDonald's junkies...</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Guys, what are you worried about, gas here in India costs around $5 per gallon, one of the reasons I drive two 4WD vehicles with frugal diesel engines, one gives me 25mpg and the other gives me around 28mpg.

BTW: since we are on the subject of bikes, my biking saga started with the famous Yamaha RD-350, progressed to RZ-350LC, then the best ever RZ-500. When I went to the US, I got myself a FZ-750 and then a FZR-1000. Now I have a RC-45 and yes Yamahaluver had to go the HONDA way as I couldnt take the fact that Yamaha were loosing to HONDA in a big way. Yes call me a TRAITOR.</font>

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

<font color='#000000'>I realize that in comparison with other countries our gas prices are dirt cheap. It doesn't mean that I have to like it. I am glad that I own two economy cars a Honda and VW. This price hike has almost doubled my cost at the pump. I guess I will spend less time traveling over the summer and more time watching movies at home!!</font>

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

<font color='#000000'>Oops! In my little fit of rage I double posted. Sorry!
</font>

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>I paid $1.80 at the pump today. It cost me $20 to fill up my fuel efficient VW jetta. &nbsp;This is getting out of hand! dang OPEC taking money away from better things in life..(SACDs / DVDs)

</font>
Blast from the past!

I doubt Clint is wishing for diesel today.

$1.80, ah the good ole days

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
haha 1.8 and we were complaining. we filled up our Ford E150 van yesterday ...

105 USD for an almost full tank

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis