Finally I have Saved- Kind Advice on Paradigm

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hopefully in the next 5 Years. So you reckon that the existing setup is good enough for now. I thought the deal I was getting was unbeatable.
Not that great to me.

I take it your goal is to spend money on possibly the "last system you may ever need" ?

If that 's the case, definitely wait until you get your house. Or at least wait 1 year. Do more research for at least one year.

If you've saved $4,500 now, you could have $6,000 in a couple of years. :D

In the meantime, you can start an open-ended thread called "Help me buy a $6,000 Speaker System". :D

Shoot, in 5 years, that budget could be $8,000 or more! :D

If it's going to be your ultimate system, don't rush it on a sale.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If that 's the case, definitely wait until you get your house. Or at least wait 1 year. Do more research for at least one year.
This.

Researching for a year might seem excessive, but I'm still learning and have been on this site for about 6 months. I've managed to put together a pretty nice system with help from here. When I'm ready to buy that "last system" I'm gonna to go in with as much knowledge and experience as possible. You're talking some significant money and there are so many other options. The more you know...

G

greatestboss

Enthusiast
Thanks guys, you made me think twice. Of course I can wait but an outstanding system ie; my last ever purchase would be much more expensive than the $6,000-$8,000 you quoted.

If only someone can tell me how would they rate my existing setup, then it'll be a good starting point. Is it tis bad?

G

greatestboss

Enthusiast
One more Q, Should I be looking to replace my Onkyo TX-NR3030 with Anthem MRX 1120 OR Denon AVR-X6300 to power whatever speakers I decide to buy in the future name it the Paradigm set or something else when the time comes within a year or even 6 months

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One more Q, Should I be looking to replace my Onkyo TX-NR3030 with Anthem MRX 1120 OR Denon AVR-X6300 to power whatever speakers I decide to buy in the future name it the Paradigm set or something else when the time comes within a year or even 6 months
I would wait until Amazon has their ~ 50% Denon/Marantz sale.

So keep an eye on Amazon. They've sold $2,500 Denon AVR for around $1,100 in the past.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Wow! Your "room" looks very nice, cozy. Not at all what I was picturing from the initial description. Love those speaker stands for your rear/surrounds. :cool: Where did you get them?

G

greatestboss

Enthusiast
Wow! Your "room" looks very nice, cozy. Not at all what I was picturing from the initial description. Love those speaker stands for your rear/surrounds. :cool: Where did you get them?
Thank you, I'm glad you liked the room, I bought the stands on a trip to Dubai. They're really nice and solid wood.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis